Disabling 3G on "Three" Network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joeshaw92, Oct 7, 2011.

1. joeshaw92 macrumors member

Hi, I currently have an iphone 4 and I'm getting very poor signal. I'd like to disable 3G services when I'm in weak areas just to improve signal. However, I see no option to disable 3G in the network settings menu. Has my service provided disabled this as default? Or is there another way around it, as my phone is almost unusable with me getting a max of 1 bar at all times in/around my house.

Thanks

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Settings > General > Network >Enable 3G > Toggle Off

3. joeshaw92 thread starter macrumors member

The 'enable 3G' toggle isnt present, as is my problem. I was wondering if there was a way to get it back or another way to achieve the same thing

4. msindt19 macrumors member

msindt19

on my verizon iPhone4 it is:

Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data

Then toggle switch it to off/on

5. johnhackworth macrumors member

Three built a 3g network from the ground up when they launched. Unlike the other UK mobile operators they didn't have a pre-3g wireless network. It's therefore likely that you can't disable 3g on Three because that's all there is; no GRPS, EDGE etc.

The upside is that Three has the best 3g coverage in the UK because the whole network was built as 3g from the get go.

Regards,

Julian.