Disabling iCloud without itunes password

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackie91, Jan 12, 2014.

1. jackie91 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Long story short-- I had an old iPhone 4 that I no longer needed and decided to give it to a relative. It contains Find My iPhone app/iCloud. Unfortunately I created a new password for my itunes account before I got a new phone and I can't remember the password for it. I also can't figure out what E-mail the account is linked up to and for some reason it tells me my security questions are invalid as well (I can't even get passed the birth date check page). Is there any way for me to call up Apple or speak to a representative and have them verify who I am based on my personal information; so they can reset my information on the phone? As far as I know the phone cannot be wiped until iCloud etc. are taken off. I've been trying to figure this out for a week or two and I'm stumped. If anyone has any tips I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, not much you can do about it besides remember the password that you supposedly put there.
    Apple will not help you if you bring an activation locked device, its put there for a reason.

3. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Wait. You purposefully created a new password for the account all by yourself but you forgot the new password? I think you'd be more likely to forget an old password than a new one? And you don't remember what is the answer for a question that you set up for yourself to answer? And... you don't remember your birth date? It's so unfortunate.

I'd suggest you to bring along with your proof of purchase and identity documents to an Apple Store to help you sort that out.

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Sadly, I think we're in for seeing more threads like this- legit, or not- :(

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I can't remember my password, my birthday or any of my test questions and my dog eat my homework too:D

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I've never forgotten my birthday, perhaps one day I will.