Disabling Internet Pay Per Use Also disables iPhone data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danny_w, Jul 21, 2008.

1. danny_w macrumors 601

I have both an iPhone (original) and a Nokia (wife's) on an at&t family talk plan. I noticed in the Features Management section of the website that I could disable Internet Pay Per Use, which I have always wanted to do for my wife's phone so that she doesn't accidentally run up a bill (she never uses data). So I disabled it (it disabled it on all lines) and the data on my iPhone stopped working too, even though I am still signed up for the $20/mo data plan. I called today to fix it and at&t can't figure out what to do and won't let me cancel the data plan on my iPhone (I know it USED to be an option!).

Just thought I would warn others before they make the same mistake I just did. I wish they would just let me cancel the data plan on my iPhone but they won't.

2. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

I just cancelled the data plan on my 2G iPhone last week, again. You are still allowed to cancel the data plan on the originals, just not the new ones. Let them know you have an original, and if they still deny you talk to a manager.

3. danny_w thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks, I'll call them back.