Disabling iPad keyboard from popping up

Discussion in 'iPad' started by docal97, Aug 5, 2016.

1. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Is it possible to prevent this from popping up? I have certain situations where it will pop up all the time, even when I don't need to type anything.

If it is not possible, has anyone seen any change in this regard with the IOS 10 betas?

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

It only pops up if you tap in a text field. Can you give a specific example?

3. docal97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

docal97

Yes. Basically anything that would require the keyboard. The question is can it be disabled from popping up at all?

4. max2 macrumors 68000

I think if your jailbreak you can but no idea how sorry.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Can you give a concrete example of a situation where the keyboard pops up even though you don't need it? I have an iPad on iOS 10, and another on iOS 9, so I can test to see if the behavior is different n iOS 10, but I need something more concrete than "anything that would require the keyboard." Or in other words, if you are doing something where text input is expected, why DONT you want the on screen keyboard? Are you using some other method of text input? Or does the system somehow think that you want to input text even though you don't? Give us a specific example, please.