Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khanjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Is there anyway to do this? Need to know for gaming cause it multi gestures suck when your trying to play a game....

Please help! thanks!

Khanjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Yeh I'm pretty sure its hot corners, seems kinda messed up that you have to go changing so many settings around just to play a game....

Nov 28, 2010
located
Yeh I'm pretty sure its hot corners, seems kinda messed up that you have to go changing so many settings around just to play a game....

Depends on the game. Maybe make an extra user you can log into (fast user switching), where corners are disabled and play from there.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

Plug in a mouse, problem solved? I don't get how you can even bear trying to play anything but solitaire on a trackpad.

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
A mouse doesn't solve the hot corners problem.

Any decent port of a game to OSX should take care of these problems, e.g. by intercepting all user input and only pass critical information to the OS.

tyrell456

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah

This isn't a problem of the computer or the OS, it's a problem with the game. Any good game disables all system-specific gestures and keyboard shortcuts to stop exactly this from happening.

Khanjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
I have a mouse plugged in but it still happens anyway, playing mafia 2 so whenever theres quick cursor movements the screen starts bouncing around. into different spaces and mission control... v annoying.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I have a mouse plugged in but it still happens anyway, playing mafia 2 so whenever theres quick cursor movements the screen starts bouncing around. into different spaces and mission control... v annoying.

Then do what has been recommended or contact the game developer, as it is not normal behaviour with properly programmed games that are in full screen.

Khanjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
it happens no matter which game i'm playing, will obviously have to do more digging to get a resolution... thanks anyway

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
it happens no matter which game i'm playing, will obviously have to do more digging to get a resolution... thanks anyway

Just disable hot corners. I'm using only gestures now :)

I don't remember having problems with WOW and hot corners. I know that some bad ports (perpetuum) would not fully take over the screen, so OSX would pop back in, also the Dock sometimes.
Right now I'm playing Skyrim using an unofficial port from portingteam.com, and I don't have any issues.

Khanjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Thanks man, In lion hot corners is under mission control panel in system preferences, Still haven't figured a way to disable hot corners beyond switching everything off before I play the game and then switching them all back on afterwards...Fail...

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
What goes against the idea of using a special gaming user account, as mentioned by simsaladimbamba?
seems an easy fix, imho.

Khanjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Niice, thats a good solution. Will probably just end up doing that..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.