con

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Bug on watchOS 7. I find my iPhone Reminders notifications turning off when I change the notification settings of Apple Watch, which includes shutting down notifications for Reminders there. Not cool. Turning off Apple Watch Reminders notifications should not turn off iPhone Reminders notifications. It's obviously a bug, and a potentially significant bug as the user will likely be unaware that this has happened, possibly resulting in them missing important reminders. This bug occurred in watchOS 6 and persists in watchOS 7. It needs to be fixed ASAP.

Sent the above feedback to Apple. Meanwhile if anyone has any workarounds or tips for this issue (because it did result in me missing a reminder today), please lmk.

con

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Do you have the watch set to mirror your phone?
No it's on "Custom" and "Notifications Off". Note I had to unpair and reset my Watch as a new watch due to the issue of lack of space for the watchOS 7 update many had. Apparently at some point between (and inclusive of) the unpairing and notification toggling to off for my Watch, my iPhone Reminders notifications also toggled off. This issue has happened to me before.

antbob

macrumors member
May 12, 2020
After you have them disabled for the Watch ("Custom" and "Notifications Off") go to iPhone Settings>Notifications>Reminders and re-enable them there then it will work like you want.

con

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
After you have them disabled for the Watch ("Custom" and "Notifications Off") go to iPhone Settings>Notifications>Reminders and re-enable them there then it will work like you want.
Did that. But I also meant preventative measures. Thanks.

con

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Due to the current setup including disabled Reminders notifications on Apple Watch, whenever I turn on my Watch, my iOS Reminders Notifications automatically turn off. Based on a search, this bug has existed for years. Reported to Apple yet again. Seems I'll need another reminder app to remind me to ensure Reminders notifications are on…

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.