Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ale371

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2014
Hi everyone, since i updated to Yosemite my dropbox icon disappeared, the program works naturally but i cannot manage to get the icon... has anyone a solution?

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Go to the Dropbox site. There is an update Dropbox will install that fixes it. Saw this on my iMac but not my rMBP.

ale371

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2014
Go to the Dropbox site. There is an update Dropbox will install that fixes it. Saw this on my iMac but not my rMBP.

I installed every dropbox update (even the experimental build)... how weird... i'll do it again

EDIT: not working (MBP 13" , not retina)

Last edited:

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I’m having lots of problems with Dropbox since a couple of days. Never-ending syncs, high energy usage, disappearing Finder icons. It’s really not up to snuff, so it wouldn’t surprise me if your issue is related to that as well. Just wait for the next update and hope that it gets better!

ale371

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2014
I’m having lots of problems with Dropbox since a couple of days. Never-ending syncs, high energy usage, disappearing Finder icons. It’s really not up to snuff, so it wouldn’t surprise me if your issue is related to that as well. Just wait for the next update and hope that it gets better!
their "experimental" build, that i suppose is simply a BETA of the next version, is not really fixing my problem, i hope it does with yours :p

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
their "experimental" build, that i suppose is simply a BETA of the next version, is not really fixing my problem, i hope it does with yours :p

Nope, been running the betas for a while now to get immediate Yosemite fixes. :/

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway
My dropbox symbol disappears as well. I am not certain if it is the same problem as yours, but in my case the Activity Monitor says dropbox stopped responding. Goes back to normal once I forcefully terminate and restart the program.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
If the Finder sidebar icon for your Dropbox folder is a normal folder icon and not the Dropbox symbol, it indicates Dropbox is not synced, either it has no connection, is paused or is not running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.