Disappearing Airport Express....??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lowonthe456, Apr 12, 2008.

1. lowonthe456 macrumors 6502

Hey gang. for some reason my aex disappears to my mbp. if i open airport utility it won't show up. i didn't used to have this issue but its been bad lately. I am borrowing the neighbors internet wirelessly at this point (with permission)but use the aex for airtunes.

last night after being really irritated i reset it and set it up again. it seemed fine and used it for 2 hours or so.

today however its not there. it shows the green light but my mbp doesn't see it.

whats up? :mad:

2. lowonthe456 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Sylvesterke macrumors newbie

same here

Hi,
    First my apologies, I'm not so good at English.

I've the same problem. I've discovered the problem shows up every time I close the Macbook Pro (goes in sleep-mode).
    Network configuration :
    Airport Extreme with 2 airdisks, Aiport Express, iMac intel, Macbook Pro, Mac mini intel, separated wired router. The 2 airdisks are used in 'bridged' mode.
    All the network devices are configured manually (manual IP address, not DHCP)

Every time i close the upper case of my Macbook Pro, the Airport Express disappears, I can't see him in the Airport config. program, and the airtunes doesn't work anymore.
    But an IP ping is ok, there is no packet loss, so he is still active in the network.

The only way to get it back at work is resetting the Airport express or pull it out of the wall-outlet and back in, AND rebooting my Macbook Pro.

So this is very strange, isn't it?
    A few months ago there was a simular bug : closing the Macbook Pro causes some problems with the airdisks, they disappear also from the network. This problem is solved now.