Disappearing Apps from iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macdoofus, Sep 17, 2009.

1. macdoofus macrumors member

Hi,
    In anticipation of my iPod Touch 32gb next week I've downloaded a couple apps and am looking for more, but they keep disappearing from iTunes. Do I have to have an iPod on hand or something? I searched this topic but can't seem to find any clues other than re-downloading them, but still they disappear again. Please let me know how I can make those apps stay put.

p.s. iTunes setup is:
    Computer "authorized" in iTunes
    Parental controls disable Tunes store unchecked (enabled)
    General "show" Applications checked yes

I'm up to date on iTunes version 9.0 and have run a repair\reinstall.
    I know the apps are in my computer because once or twice they show up again but after an itunes restart they're gone from view again.

Thanks for any clues :)

2. jackmcdaniel macrumors newbie

The Case Of Disappearing Applications

I am having a similar problem wiht Apps. My applications do not show up in iTUNEs. All my icons appear on my TOUCH and they all work fine. But I am afiaid if my TOUCH dies, or loses all pwer, the applications may not be replaced from iTUNEs when I sync. Everything I have been able to read says that the Applications icons should appear in iTUNES, and be able to be moved around, marked for syncing, etc - just the same way as MUSIC, etc does. They only appear in iTUNES when I have my TOUCH connected to my computer. Pull the plug and the Applications icons disappear in iTUNES. Whew! I am afraid to copy or overwrite the Applications from iTUNES to the TOUCH - for fear that I won't recover them. Any help or insight greatly appreciated. Good luck to all. P.S. - I love the product.

---------

In anticipation of my iPod Touch 32gb next week I've downloaded a couple apps and am looking for more, but they keep disappearing from iTunes. Do I have to have an iPod on hand or something? I searched this topic but can't seem to find any clues other than re-downloading them, but still they disappear again. Please let me know how I can make those apps stay put.

p.s. iTunes setup is:
    Computer "authorized" in iTunes
    Parental controls disable Tunes store unchecked (enabled)
    General "show" Applications checked yes

I'm up to date on iTunes version 9.0 and have run a repair\reinstall.
    I know the apps are in my computer because once or twice they show up again but after an itunes restart they're gone from view again.

Thanks for any clues :)[/QUOTE]