Disappearing Apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gregski, May 23, 2013.

1. gregski macrumors newbie

gregski

I have a jailbroken iP5. The last couple of apps I downloaded are nowhere to be found. If I go to the App Store and find those apps, it gives me the "open" button so I can use the app, but there are no icons added to my screen. I thought it might have something to do with a theme I installed, but I deleted the theme and it still happens. Help!

2. applejuice99 macrumors member

I am not generally good with jail-broken devices as I have not done it myself. When you do a spotlight search do the apps come up? Have you tried deleting the app by doing Settings>General>Usage>"Tap on app">Delete App, then re-installing?

3. gregski thread starter macrumors newbie

gregski

I didn't know you could delete apps that way. Thanks for the info. I tried the delete/reinstall and still not showing up. I had the spotlight page disabled but I enabled it to do the search and the apps do not show up.

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

5. gregski thread starter macrumors newbie

gregski

It was just a game and a photo app.

6. gregski thread starter macrumors newbie

gregski

It had nothing to do with the apps. I uninstalled the 2 themes I had, reinstalled only one and then tried to download the apps again. It is working now. I still have no idea how it happened but all is good now. Thanks for the responses.

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I've seen that happen on blackberry phones before and it was usually due to an aftermarket installed theme. Glad you got it working again.

8. otismotive77 macrumors 6502

had the same issue, your solution fixed my problem.
    thanks for telling this valuable information.:)