Disappearing Apps

gregski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Shelton, WA
I have a jailbroken iP5. The last couple of apps I downloaded are nowhere to be found. If I go to the App Store and find those apps, it gives me the "open" button so I can use the app, but there are no icons added to my screen. I thought it might have something to do with a theme I installed, but I deleted the theme and it still happens. Help!

applejuice99

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2013
I have a jailbroken iP5. The last couple of apps I downloaded are nowhere to be found. If I go to the App Store and find those apps, it gives me the "open" button so I can use the app, but there are no icons added to my screen. I thought it might have something to do with a theme I installed, but I deleted the theme and it still happens. Help!
I am not generally good with jail-broken devices as I have not done it myself. When you do a spotlight search do the apps come up? Have you tried deleting the app by doing Settings>General>Usage>"Tap on app">Delete App, then re-installing?

gregski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Shelton, WA
I didn't know you could delete apps that way. Thanks for the info. I tried the delete/reinstall and still not showing up. I had the spotlight page disabled but I enabled it to do the search and the apps do not show up.

gregski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Shelton, WA
It had nothing to do with the apps. I uninstalled the 2 themes I had, reinstalled only one and then tried to download the apps again. It is working now. I still have no idea how it happened but all is good now. Thanks for the responses.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I've seen that happen on blackberry phones before and it was usually due to an aftermarket installed theme. Glad you got it working again.

otismotive77

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
I am not generally good with jail-broken devices as I have not done it myself. When you do a spotlight search do the apps come up? Have you tried deleting the app by doing Settings>General>Usage>"Tap on app">Delete App, then re-installing?
had the same issue, your solution fixed my problem.
thanks for telling this valuable information.:)