Disappearing Dock Icons Continue in 10.5.2

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AppleCrisp, Feb 16, 2008.

1. AppleCrisp macrumors member

I know there have been a few threads on this topic happening in 10.5.1, but I was so sure that this would be solved with the update. For those who aren't aware of the problem I am talking about, it occurs after waking the Mac from sleep, and icons on the dock begin to disappear to varying degrees when moused over. Though I haven't seen happen yet, usually the stacks begin to disappear, as in when clicking on a stack all you see are grey bars that usually are in back of the text. I will post a few images of this and would appreciate all the feedback possible.
    Picture 1.png Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png Picture 4.png

Picture 6.png

2. Mr Black macrumors member

Mr Black

Actually oddly enough this happened to me for the first time the day after .2, Azureus' dock icon dissappeard completly but you could still see a space between two other dock icons. I fixed it just by dragging the "invisible" Azureus icon out of the dock then adding it again. It's the one and only time I've had that issue. Have you used anything to mod your dock? What are your settings in the Dock pref pane? Maybe we can find a connection if we compare settings etc..

3. AppleCrisp thread starter macrumors member

Well I have recently modded my dock but these problems have been happening for a very long time, at the very least since 10.5.1. Well my dock settings..not sure what you mean by that, but I have the 3D one on the bottom,set to always appear, magnification, thats pretty much it. Ya dragging them off seems to fix it, but then my dock becomes transparent sometimes, with only the edges having color.