Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4now

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
when my draft folder is empty the icon disappears from the sidebar.

so if I take a sent mail and right click to move to 'draft folder' - it has moved there
but cannot be accessed since the icon is missing.

I always need to create a new draft in the compose window - before the icon will reappear on the sidebar.

Is there a solution?

thanks

jonathanInMI

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
same problem - disappearing DRAFTS folder in MAIL

I have exactly the same problem. There must be some way to get the DRAFTS icon back - short of reinstalling mail...

-jon

4now

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
No draft
No draft Icon

That's just the way it is

If you've just sent off your latest draft
visit the 'sent' folder
select the email
right click and select ' redirect '
then ' save as draft '

folder reappears with the draft inside

jonathanInMI

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
not exactly....

Thanks for your response and esp for the fix.

But I was not clear enough in describing the situation. My "draft" box is in an imap account.

On MAC_1 (a MacBookPro) I deleted all the drafts, and the draft icon disappeared. Then I created several new "drafts" and on MAC_1 the draft icon did not come back.

BUT... on MAC_2 (an iMAC) when I started it up, the draft icon was still there and I saw the drafts I had created on MAC_1.

So the situation is not really that "No draft => No draft icon"

Rather its "Delete the last draft on a given computer => not getting the draft folder back even when you create a new draft"

Your fix to redirect a sent message, then save as draft seems to always work for me.

Again - thanks very much!

Best,
---jon---

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.