Disappearing iTunes library

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by deuce1794, Nov 2, 2010.

1. deuce1794 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Occasionally when I sync my iPhones to iTunes and then disconnect, my library will disappear from the phones. The phones show that I have x number of songs, movies, or whatever and the storage capacity shows them still there but my library shows to be empty. It usually comes back if I resync but other times it takes 3-4 tries. This happens on both my jailbroken iPhone 4 and my daughters stock 3GS, both of which are running iOS 4.1 although it did on different version also.

Does anybody know what causes this or a way to fix it?

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

yeah, hit the eject button. don't just unplug it.

3. deuce1794 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I properly eject the phones everytime, thanks for your immature response though.

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

wasn't ment to be immature. The way i read it was like you're plugging it in and taking it out. That causes jackups sometimes. I fear that if the same thing is happening to multiple devices and youre properly disconnecting it, there has to be a common denominator....maybe reinstall iTunes.