Disappearing keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hawkeye9935, Jan 5, 2010.

1. hawkeye9935 macrumors newbie

Hello all, I just got a generic usb keyboard to use with my mbp as schoolwork is taking its toll on the keys and I wouldn't mind preserving it a little better.

This keyboard is the dynex from bbuy that's labeled in windows crap but was cheap and works fine on the mac. Unfortunately, everytime the mbp comes out of sleep, the keyboard is unresponsive and i have to set it up again in settings.

Just hoping there's a simple fix and that it's not terminal

thanks in advance.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Does disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard resolve it temporarily? Did you install any drivers for the keyboard?

3. hawkeye9935 thread starter macrumors newbie

I swear until my face becomes blue that i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and it didn't work...

Some days...

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

And this time it did?

P.S. The Hawkeyes looked good in the first quarter in the Frozen Orange Concentrate Bowl last night. I watched til halftime. Haven't seen the result. Avoided SportsCenter at breakfast 'cause I recorded the BB game against my Illini. Gotta watch that ASAP.

5. hawkeye9935 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, that most definitely worked.

I've also been avoiding sportscentre but probably for wildly different reasons (hockey).

My screen name refers to the M*A*S*H character, actually didn't even know there was a sports team with the same name!

Go Hawkeyes!

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

:D
    Yeah, it's the University of Iowa. They are in the Big Ten conference, which is mostly Midwest schools (except for Penn State, the 11th [newest] member). My alma mater, Illinois, is also in the Big Ten, as is my now home state school, Wisconsin. My son went to another Big Ten school, Minnesota, the arch rival of Iowa! They chant "We hate Iowa!" when the Hawkeyes come to town.

Glad the problem is plugged. ;)