Disappearing mouse arrow

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Oktober, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Oktober macrumors regular

When my iMac goes to sleep and then I awaken it my mouse arrow disappears, but if I move the mouse and run it along the Dock it will magnify the program icons as per normal. I can right click and bring up the menu. So to get the mouse back I have to restart using the keyboard short cut ( ctrl+cmd+eject) then all is fine.

Its has done this quite a few times now and is becoming rather annoying. What could the problem be?

Cheers

Darren

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I am having the same problem, but I just press cmd+tab and it comes back.

3. Oktober thread starter macrumors regular

I am glad I am not the only one. Thanks for the tip -cmd+tab. I will try that to get my arrow back where I can see it.

4. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Are you using virtualization software like VMWare? Sometimes my mouse gets caught in the other OS and won't reappear easily on the Mac desktop...

5. FRRYY macrumors member

this has happened to me too. only recently as well.

6. Totti macrumors member

Same problem here running 10.6.2 (Hackintosh)

7. bmacir macrumors 6502

same problem here

I'm on a MBA rev A. It disappears for 3 to 5 seconds and then it comes back. It's not that annoying though I would like to know why...

8. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

It used to happen to me. To get it back I would just run the pointer over the slider in the dock that controls how much space is for apps vs folders and it would come back. To get it to stop doing it I turned of the Fliqlo screen saver. Eventually I wanted Fliqlo again so I just disabled sleep mode instead.

I'm not 100% certain if it is Fliqlo that causes it, but if you have that set as your screen saver, try disabling it and let your Mac sleep/wake to see if the issue is resolved.

I can do some testing tonight to determine if it really is/was Fliqlo that caused it for me. Could be something else entirely.

I'm on a MacBook (black) CoreDuo running 10.6.2.

9. pascalforget macrumors newbie

Mouse pointer disappear

I have the same problem too, I'm happy to have found this thread.

Yes, pressing cmd+Tab makes the pointer reappear, but it's still really annoying problem.

I have Fliqlo installed; even if it's set to "never", I'll remove it to see if it's the cause of the problem. Indeed, the issue appeared after I installed it.

I'm using a Bluetrack Mouse from Microsoft, without the Intellipoint drivers, but I don't think the mouse is the issue; I was using the Magic Mouse before and the same thing happened. It is not a Bluetooth.

10. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Fliqlo is the problem for many people. Yuji's version actually has more issues than ShirtMullet's.

I spent months waiting for Yuji to release a 10.6 compatible Fliqlo but after this buggy version, I've moved on FlipClock.