Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Like the title says, I'm not happy I sold my 6S to get a 7 plus. I figured now was the time to sell it in preparation for the 7 plus, so I picked up a mint 4S as an "in the mean time phone" and now with some of the issues with the 7 and the 7 plus, I'm regretting my selling my 6S. I know there always are some initial bugs needing worked out, but I really hope I didn't make a big mistake. Don't even get me started on using the 4S, LOL!

yankeebobo

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2014
Somewhere in my head
I saw one person report strange static from a speaker, yellow screen, and something else. I think it is a very very sporadic one off. Maybe this is being referred to here?

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
I saw one person report strange static from a speaker, yellow screen, and something else. I think it is a very very sporadic one off. Maybe this is being referred to here?

so, so tired of hearing about yellow screen ... really, that's it? I wonder if they found A dead pixel as well.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
It looks like you are a newer members, so I will say this - don't let what you see on here scare you too much. Keep in mind that Apple sells millions of these phones, and out of those a few people come on here with problems. This is also very normal to see this time of year - there's always something that people comment about. Sometimes it's pixels, sometimes it's screen issues, with the 6 and 6S it was bending issues, etc. Wait until you get your phone and evaluate it yourself, and keep in mind that Apple has a very good return policy if necessary.

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Like the title says, I'm not happy I sold my 6S to get a 7 plus. I figured now was the time to sell it in preparation for the 7 plus, so I picked up a mint 4S as an "in the mean time phone" and now with some of the issues with the 7 and the 7 plus, I'm regretting my selling my 6S. I know there always are some initial bugs needing worked out, but I really hope I didn't make a big mistake. Don't even get me started on using the 4S, LOL!
IMHO feeling regret before even using the new phone is just creating unnecessary anxiety. After using it if your fears are realized, then return it. With the $200 price drop on the 6S/6S plus from Apple, your loss from selling your old 6S won't be bad. In the meantime go for a walk.

yankeebobo

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2014
Somewhere in my head
so, so tired of hearing about yellow screen ... really, that's it? I wonder if they found A dead pixel as well.
I'm guessing. I've owned iPhone since their release. Never had a problem. I remember the yellow "glue" issue. Again, just guessing but I've seen that little bit reported. I'm certainly not worrying. There are warranties for those few that do have issues.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Yes. Looking through a forum is basically selecting all the worst case situations, because people come here to complain or find help. My iPhone 7 is great, and it's an excellent upgrade from the iPhone 6. But from a 6S... You'll like the 7, but will it be worth the price for you? Idk.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Too many people here think an overly blue white is correct colour
Likewise too many people here, saying a yellow cast screen is correct.

It should be neither. White should be pure with no cast.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I picked up a 7 too and it's flawless. My daily driver is a Samsung S7E right now but the 7 is a solid device. Haven't really been reading about many issues either. Some people will always have something to nitpick about.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I've read about static, yellow screen, the screen not as bright as advertised, the speakers not too loud, so yeah if they are bothersome to people I'd call them "issues". Just wondering should I jump in now or wait a bit, that's all. I don't believe you get an accurate representation by going to the store and playing with a phone that two hundred other people have monkeyed around with.

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
No issues whatsoever with my iPhone 7. Screen is just perfect.

Are you absolutely sure. /s

You mean you don't have at least one dead pixel. Did you go into total darkness and check for light bleed. C'mon there's gotta' be something wrong - keep looking, and looking, and looking!

Reactions: valinda

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
No issues whatsoever with my iPhone 7. Screen is just perfect.

Nope.
You mean as good as it can be given the limitations of the technology and design of the screen.

Perfect would mean, zero backlight bleed thru whatsoever, jet black screen in a pitch black room, which the iPhone7 screen cannot do, and pixels so small that they cannot be seen no matter how close.

Perfect would imply it cannot be any better as a screen, which we know is not true due to Apple planning better future screens.

But yes, it's fault free and up to spec which is good :)

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I've read about static, yellow screen, the screen not as bright as advertised, the speakers not too loud, so yeah if they are bothersome to people I'd call them "issues". Just wondering should I jump in now or wait a bit, that's all. I don't believe you get an accurate representation by going to the store and playing with a phone that two hundred other people have monkeyed around with.

This forum tends to be overrepresented with issues. You might as well never buy a new iPhone.
[doublepost=1474126617][/doublepost]
Nope.
You mean as good as it can be given the limitations of the technology and design of the screen.

Perfect would mean, zero backlight bleed thru whatsoever, jet black screen in a pitch black room, which the iPhone7 screen cannot do, and pixels so small that they cannot be seen no matter how close.

Perfect would imply it cannot be any better as a screen, which we know is not true due to Apple planning better future screens.

But yes, it's fault free and up to spec which is good :)

Don't be pedantic. When someone says their screen is "perfect," it means no issues, not that it's technically perfect.

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2014
I will say going from my 6s Plus to the 7 Plus is a bit anti climatic. Its always my problem of wanting the latest and greatest. There is nothing wrong with the 7 in my case. Its just not really the wow.

Now the best part of the whole thing for me is the new Apple Leather Case. I love the fact they added metal buttons it fixes all the frustrations with the leather covered buttons.

I think when it comes down I see this as a mildly evolutionary device upgrade.

insomniac86

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2015
Perth, Western Australia
Regarding the "yellow" screen issues. I hope people realise that "true tone" makes the screen go yellowish if your under anything but bright white light. Turn true tone off to see an immediate difference in which your screen turns blue white. And no, I'm not getting mixed up with "Night Shift"

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
I had a 6 - my MAIN interest in going to the 7 was the upgraded camera with OIS - as for the rest of the stuff I'm sure it performs just like the 6 or better.

There wasn't very much if anything that wasn't known about the 7 before purchase - just don't understand how purchasers feel letdown.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
Regarding the "yellow" screen issues. I hope people realise that "true tone" makes the screen go yellowish if your under anything but bright white light. Turn true tone off to see an immediate difference in which your screen turns blue white. And no, I'm not getting mixed up with "Night Shift"

I don't think the iPhone has true tone. Think that's just the iPad pros.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.