Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colickyboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Well, after waiting over 4 months for a new iMac, I'm extremely disappointed in today's releases. No innovative new features. They could've done this kind of minor spec bump many months ago.

So since there's no compelling reason to rush out and buy a new iMac (despite the long wait), should I keep waiting until Snow Leopard debuts? The last official word was from a slideshow saying "Q1 2009" so if that's true, it should be soon...March 24th maybe? But based on leaked builds, I don't know if it's even close to release candidate status yet.

So should I wait a couple more weeks until Snow Leopard drops before buying an iMac so I don't have to shell out an additional $129? Or is it more likely that Snow Leopard won't show up until closer to June?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
What hint of new features was out there?

Spec bumps happen people, notice how apple TRIED to keep it low key as to not upset anyone?

colickyboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
What hint of new features was out there?

The most hopeful one was quad-cores with revamped cooling systems. Lesser likely rumors were touchscreens, and 28" or 30" screens.

Anyway, I'm not interested in making this thread an Apple-bashing thread. I'm asking if people have any insight on when the likely release date for Snow Leopard would be.

Battlefield Fan

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2008
The most hopeful one was quad-cores with revamped cooling systems. Lesser likely rumors were touchscreens, and 28" or 30" screens.

Anyway, I'm not interested in making this thread an Apple-bashing thread. I'm asking if people have any insight on when the likely release date for Snow Leopard would be.

rumors sometimes start for the next gen of products. Apple announced in Jan about the iPhone but the previous spring their were rumors of an "apple phone". It wasn't announced at the June conference but IT did come out a few months later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.