Disappointed...just iPhone 4S.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netddos, Sep 29, 2011.

1. netddos macrumors regular

There will be no iPhone 5. I mean there has to be a leak somewhere (at least the 4" screen part) if there was indeed iPhone 5 in the works...or other part leaks such as back plate...

There will be iPhone 4S with the same screen, dual core, better camera, and bigger RAM (1GB). That's about it for the hardware change... (I guess you could count dual compatible GSM + CDMA antenna chip too)...

Disappointing since iPhone 4 has been released for almost year and a half now.......

Apple..what have you been doing all this time...

I guess we'll find about it once and for all next Tuesday..

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

3. troop231 macrumors 603

I think Apple has just stepped up their game this time to keep major leaks from happening. If we do get a legit leak, it will probably be the night before or morning of the event.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

That's like saying I'm gonna take a morning dump, that's a given. Whether iPhone 5 be introduced on the 4th or next summer is a different story.

5. netddos thread starter macrumors regular

I hope you are right...but realistically...is this possible? I see no way of Apple preventing millions of Chinese assembly workers from taking photos of parts...At this point, if there was one, iPhone 5 should've finished the engineering phase and hitting high on the production..

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Well rumor is it will hit the stores on the 14th right?

7. troop231 macrumors 603

Yes, a Friday, which is a typical iPhone launch day. Cannot wait.

8. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Remember this..if some drunken Apple employee didn't lose the iPhone 4 last year, we would have most likely been in the same no knowledge boat that we are in right now. Stop worrying. Your dreams will come true.

The only thing I needed to see was that tiny iPhone icon in the earlier iOS 5 beta. That little icon speaks volumes. It's quite simple. Apple would never stick an icon in there that looked drastically different from what the iPhone actually looked like. IMO it's proof of a redesign. I don't care what anything else says. Why more people aren't comforted by this, I don't know.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Ok then, the slave labor is working feverishly, hence no leaks. :D

10. BryanUnk macrumors newbie

Until October 4th, nobody really has the right to pass judgement. So lets please stop this.

11. troop231 macrumors 603

[​IMG]

12. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I can. No cameras allowed on site, the fear of losing your job in this economic climate and in China, fear of a prison sentence in a Chinese Prison, random security checks etc etc. I worked at at a catalogue distribution warehouse at one time and the security was tight. I never heard of anything being stolen because they would do random checks and prosecute you if you were found to be stealing.

13. outlawarth macrumors regular

Seriously... If I hear the 4S silliness once more I'm gonna snap.

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Yeah, Apple got smart and started piss testing everyone back in August. Staying ahead of the game and identifying the degenerate employees sooner rather than later.

15. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the iPhone 4 was released on a Tuesday.

16. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Thank u troop! That little sweet icon. It is right on the edge of proof as far as I'm concerned. What other reason could there possibly be that it looks like this? I can't think of 1. And I know for sure Apple would NEVER come up with that to represent the spec bumped iPhone 4. Just no way.

17. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Not seen that before. Do you have a source article please? :)

18. troop231 macrumors 603

19. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

As long as it's sometime before Nov 2nd I'll be happy. I'm gonna take 30 days with that SGS2 and see what all the fuss is about.

20. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Isn't this that picture that people did all that mathematic symmetry something-ness to and showed that it was fake because it was off line and uneven?

21. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

And one more small detail...this little icon not only looks completely different then the iPhone 4, but it looks EXACTLY like the rumored iPhone 5 designs we've been seeing. Even the different radius corners & stubbier yet wider stature look exactly like the physical prototype (made from leaked design documents) we saw earlier today. C'mon guys. This icon is showing you (albeit in a crude, lo-res way) exactly what iPhone 5 will look like. open ur eyes and let out a sigh of relief! We are gonna get the jaw dropper of all jaw droppers.

22. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

23. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

[​IMG]

OPed by davidexcom.