Disappointed with iphone 4 upgraded from 3gs!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aibo82, Jul 15, 2010.

1. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Hi

Got my iphone 4 today,Well everyone harps on about how great there phone is and you get shot down when it aint so im going for it...

Bad points:
    -Has no wow features over the 3gs
    -The reception is terrible on o2 uk ive had 5 bards solid with the 3gs no crackles or dropped calls EVER I get 3 bars on 4.0.1 and they drop to 1 when holding the phone!
    -Its a finger print magnet I'm scared to wipe incase I scratch the thing least plastic on the 3gs you could buff out a light scratch.
    -The steal band is as soft as baby poo I have a hairline scratch already with wiping it!
    -Camera flash bleeds into the photos as if they put the flash to close to the camera.
    -screen is sharper but not worthy of hype
    -Its thin so thin infact soon as someone else seen it they said it looked flimsy!
    -Sound is lower then 3gs
    -I feel like I have a dodgy product that someone aint being truthfull about and im thinking about my 30 days being up more then enjoying it!

Good:
    -Wifi range is better
    -Battery drains less

Im not trolling and I know yes return it etc but thats my review you dont like it dont read it :) I like apple I like the 3gs but I feel that the 4 should of been alot more!

So ill see what tommrow brings with the conference if theres more dodging and lies ill be on the phone to apple and getting my money back...

Thanks for reading.

2. twigg macrumors member

No offense but you knew what features the phone had prior to buying it. If there werent any features that wowed you when reading about it, then you probably wont be wowed when using it.

3. aibo82 thread starter macrumors 6502

A feature?
    Crap signal?
    Scratching?
    Flash bleeding?
    Low volume?

Excuse me but can you point me to the apple website were this is listed as a product feature?

And there marketing stuff seems to wow me ...I was impressed with the 3gs when I got it but the iphone 4 is overhyped now in hand really is!

4. Sustainability macrumors regular

www.apple.com/flaws

5. aibo82 thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL...No but seriously I have got my iphone today and was holding high hopes for it as the 3gs blew me away when I got that but this is just a lemon after using it a few hours, its a nice design don't get me wrong nice improvements but it dont justify the cost at the moment with the flaws ive seen today!

6. tjwaggoner macrumors regular

Does it not cost the same as your 3gs did? Im also pretty sure you could sell your 3gs for more than you paid for the 4. I just sold my 3g (not s) for $236 on ebay. Iphone 4 cost me $210 tax included from apple.com. Not sure Im following you here about the cost thing. And aside from that, if you dont like it, or just like the 3gs more, then return it.

7. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

8. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry but you're just wrong. If you don't have reception issues or a bad proximity sensor, which I don't, the ip4 is far superior in every conceivable way, and the differences aren't subtle.

Exactly what would it have to have to "wow" you, a built in Porsche? Even then you'd say, eh, just a sports car...

9. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Display is not worth the hype??? I look at a 3GS now after using the iP4 and I am just appalled at how I looked at that for a year. Also, your statements about it not being as loud is insane, You must have a bad device because my iP4 is about 20% louder than my 3GS.

It is not flimsy, it is the most solid feeling iPhone to date and as far as scratches? I don't now what you are doing to yours but I have had mine for 3 weeks now and I don't have a scratch anywhere. And believe me, if I did I would know no matter how small it was (I'm a nut when it comes to having scratches)

So, you don't like it, sounds like you bought it not wanting to like it. So return it and stop posting your reviews like your David Pogue, no one cares what you think.

10. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Welcome to the group. It's good that you've admitted this and that you alone are powerless. Step one complete, 11 more to go.

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Sounds like you dropped a lot of money on a device that you didn't properly research. You didn't mention anything that hasn't been discussed a million times. Are you looking for sympathy?

By the way, I love my iPhone.

12. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

The best advice.

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Are you completely against using a case? That seems like it would resolve most of your issues.

True story: I got throught the massive preorder on the 15th and had my first iPhone 4 delivered on the 23rd. I was pretty excited about it but after unboxing and syncing, I too was unhappy with the feel of the phone.

I went out and bought a bumper and that made it even worse. I was constantly worried about scratches and fingerprints. The screen didn't seem that spectacular.

I ended up sending that phone back. I reverted to my Nexus One and eventually back to my 3GS. After playing with a friends 4 I decided that I'd give it another shot.

After receiving my second one with the Speck Candyshell I ordered with it, I'm hooked. I spent some time hunting down wallpapers that take advantage of the resolution bump and it is literally stunning. I have no reception issues and I have not a care about scratches and fingerprints.

I took it out of the Candyshell today to mess around with the antenna bridging and sure enough I have the issue but like I said, with the case on it works flawlessly. I also confirmed that I really don't like the feel of the naked phone.

Something to consider.... ;)