Disappointed with Mac video editing!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FilipG, Sep 29, 2011.

1. FilipG macrumors newbie

I've got a mid 2009 MAcbook Pro (Dual core 2.56, 4Gb Ram) and I'm sadly dissapointed with the video editing capabilities.

Using the Final Cut Pro X trial to attempt to make a highlight film for me for basketball. Such a video requires using some very small pieces of clip, and when I connect clips of 1 second or no more than 3 seconds to my storyline and attempt to pay them from the beginning only the larger clips play as the screen on the side takes time to process and play each new clip i've connected. How the hell am I supposed to see how my vid is looking?

Back on my PC windows live movie maker made this really easy, I could trim and watch the entire thing, here It has to 'buffer' and I miss most of it.
    I'm disappointed with my macbook pro for the very first time, and I'm a big fan...

Any ideas guys? Any other programs etc?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

You already have iMovie on the computer, did you give that a try? Easiest solution by far in my opinion.

jW

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

You need to tell final cut to render your video first, before pressing play. Then you'll be able to play the movie seemlessly.

Not trying to be a dick, but it has nothing to do with the computer's performance, and more to do with how you use the program.

4. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

"PC Windows live movie maker"

Snort, chuckle...:rolleyes:

If you've never used a professional (debatable, I know) non linear editor before you have some learning to do. Concepts over button pressing.
    Anyway, use iMovie as noted above. It makes more sense to novices.