Disappointed with the new Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HotPenetrator, Oct 22, 2011.

1. HotPenetrator macrumors newbie

Tim shew some new devices in the last Keynote. NEW? not so much, the same nano and the same itouch.
    What happened? I am an owner of the new Ipod touch 4th generation and I see that Apple has not even considered in adding the chip A5 nor a better camera.
    And the fact that they didn't improved the device means that it is not going to perform correctly some apps which needs more resources.
    Am I the only disapointed person? Apple slipped up with the Touch market :mad:

2. TheNinjaJedi macrumors regular

TheNinjaJedi

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

It should be clear by now that Apple is slowing their upgrades on the iPod line. There really isn't any firm competitor and they are focusing on their phones.

4. wrinkster22, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011

wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I guess but still name one comparable MP3 player ?

5. HotPenetrator, Oct 22, 2011

HotPenetrator thread starter macrumors newbie

It turns out apple is not paying so much attention to the Itouch market. The future of the device is totally fuzzy. Now it is a good moment to improve it, regardless they didn't

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This is all that mattered to me, now I'm buying myself one for Christmas

7. mark28, Oct 22, 2011

mark28 macrumors 68000

Plenty of smart phones to choose from. They also got 3G for wireless internet.

8. boomhower, Oct 22, 2011

boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 and 5.0. It's essentially Samsungs version of the iPod Touch. Took there latest phone(SGSII), stripped the cell radios and left a single core CPU. For Android fans they are darn good media players.

9. Rubo Draco macrumors regular

I think it wouldn't be a fair comparation because they don't belong to the same device category.
    althought I do understand your point.

10. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

iPod touch will be redesigned with the iPhone gets redesigned.

I guess Apple think no major changes to the Touch are required at the moment. Other projects take priority.

11. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

I think it's good that Apple only upgrade the iPhone. That gives us a valid reason to upgrade to iPhone. Last year we can say that iPod Touch is an iPhone without a phone. They shared the same GPU/CPU, same res and screen size.
    (only iPhone had better panel, more RAM, GPS chip)

Some of us complained back then why pay twice just for sms/phone call features when iPod Touch 4G = 90% iPhone 4? Well now 4S has been out, I cant complain much because theyre not the same anymore.

With the premium extra $$$ I get better cpu/gpu/camera/siri (maybe only timed exclusivity) on iPhone 4S.

I plan to upgrade too, maybe I'll get unlocked one using credit card to reduce the upfront cost :D

12. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Don't they have LCD screens? I don't think they have much in common with the GSII.

13. HotPenetrator thread starter macrumors newbie

what the hell, do u like to pay more? me not

14. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You should be happy then, because the Touch got cheaper! No new features but lower price.

15. The13thDoctor macrumors regular

For the entry model only....

16. iDave macrumors 6502a

I was really considering one of those until I saw the screen resolution. :(

I hope the next iPod touch has a 4" (or more) screen with the current resolution. It would make it a half decent book reader and easier to surf. For my current touch I always have to keep that sandpaper handy for sharpening my fingers.

17. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Well coming from no ipods to an ipod touch 4G

I was impressed with the

Retina Display
    A4 Processor speed
    HD video recording

However the camera quality is horrendous and I had to put on a case to make the ipod scratch free. Even my 2008 phone has a better camera than the 2011 iPod touch, -UNACCEPTABLE.

18. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Haha dont be so bitter. Maybe it only good for me. On my case I have a 5 years old dumbphone just sitting around waiting to be retired. So to me iPhone 4S is like "about time, Apple".. I need a phone and iPhone now have better cpu than iPod Touch, kinda makes my upgrade more meaningful.

So to me the extra $$ is worth it, not so much last year when you dont get much more performance when you compare iPod Touch vs iPhone 4

19. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

It's no one's fault. This was not meant as a Media Event for iPods but more for the iPhone, which is why the upgrades were minimal. Wait next year.

Bingo.