Disappointing battery life

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sean1218, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Sean1218 macrumors member

I received my 2011 macbook pro 13" i5 a couple of weeks ago and the battery was okay at first, around 6 hours with fairly light work, mainly just wifi web browsing, even though I was hoping for 7 hours.

After installing Lion, I can't seem to get much more than 4.5 hours doing anything. I've calibrated, and I'm still >100%.

Any suggestions?

2. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

Could be that Lion is more graphical-based...what are your brightness/sleep settings at?

3. Sean1218 thread starter macrumors member

Brightness is 3-4 notches, and I'm not sure what sleep settings you're referring to. It dims after a minute (I think) of inactivity, and keyboard backlight goes off after 5 seconds. I'm not sure about actual sleep, but I just turn it off or put it into sleep myself when I'm done.

4. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Sean, I have the same model as you, and I too am mightily disappointed and don't even have Lion on it yet, To be honest if you were getting 6 hours prior you were one of the lucky ones. I got my i5 13" MBP in May and barely get 3 hours with a bit of emailing and Safari open. If I use Word and PSE then it's worse. I really don't know what the people do on it who get 7+ hours out of theirs, I'm sure I could if I switched it on and never used it, but if you're getting 4.5 on Lion that's still more than I am on SL.