Disappointing features left out of iOS4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acousticbiker, Jun 8, 2010.

1. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

I'm very happy with what I see thus far of iPhone 4 and iOS4 but am disappointed about two missing features:

1. A (more) useful unlock screen
    2. Google Navigation (and Latitude)

Any chance that these can still show up when the new device/OS ships or would developers have seen this in the iOS4 GM that is now out?

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I kinda wish they made a quick on/off button for wifi, on like the top menu bar. Then you can easily switch it on if your ready for a FaceTime chat, instead of backing out to the menu, settings, wifi, on, click home, return to call.

3. Screwtape macrumors regular

I think the new lock screen will be in iOS5. I doubt we ever seen another Google application built into the iPhone.

Hopefully, along with the new lockscreen, iOS5 brings a new notification system. Then I'll have nothing to complain about....

4. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

This oversight is unforgivable since it seems so simple. Apple needs to include automatic syncing of the "things to do" from iCal to the Calendar app.

5. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

Blame google. Google decided to compete against Apple in the mobile phone industry and stop upgrading google maps in the iPhone. Google becomes so rude just because they are competing with someone. :eek:

6. Vaco Deus macrumors member

7. ajones46 macrumors 6502

Doesn't the google app include latitude, or are you talking about latitude being directly written into the OS?

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

No kidding. It's getting ridiculous.

9. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Yeah lock info and quick reply messaging are deffinatly needed. You know what else is needed? A forward and back button for the frigging keyboard that doesn't erase what you've written. There have been so many times that i've tried to get the cursor in between 2 letters, or words or something, and it's sometimes a pain in the @$$. If you can't have a trackball, I guess it's the next best thing.

10. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Thats probably the only reason I will jailbreak.