Disappointment with iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Henry Li, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Henry Li macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

What was apple doing in one-year time? Just slightly upgrading the hardware? Rubbish.

2. Munnichs macrumors member

apple is for 80% software, 20% hardware
    deal with it,

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I was disappointed at first, but I am pretty well sold on both 8 megapixel Camera + Siri.

8 megapixel Camera looks absolutely amazing and it will save money for me from buying digital camera.

I have an iPhone 3GS and I am willing to go into this update.

Those of you who have an iPhone 4, you are probably less enthusiastic about this new device.

Again, apple will sell more devices than ever before with launching this device on three carriers in the US.

I liked iPhone 4 design, so I have no issue with the design. However, I did want the bigger screen. O well.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's more then a slight upgrade. I honestly don't get all this whining and complaining in various threads. It's got a faster CPU, more powerful GPU, much better camera, better antenna, available in 64GB capacity and had a cool voice assistant. So what if it doesn't have a bigger screen or a different look. Honestly what were you expecting. If you don't like it then don't buy it. :eek:

6. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

7. Darthdingo, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I think the iPhone4S is one of the biggest disappointments in Tech industry in recent years, after the longest delay between iPhone releases in history, they had an extra 5 months to really knock out a home run, but instead they release a iPhone4-1/4. I am still in shock, thinking there must be the "real" iPhone5 out there somewhere, that Steve Jobs will send out a mass e-mail; "Oh yeah, one more thing we forgot to show you, BAM the iPhone5", but sadly then I woke up.

Where is;

- Larger screen ?
    - 4G ?
    - NFC ?
    - thinner and lighter ?
    - Widgets ?
    - LED Notification Light ?

If Apple came out with redesigned iPhone5 with all those features I would leave Android and go back to Apple again. Now no thanks, bring on the Nexus-Prime.

First 'Nexus Prime' photo leak shows buttonless device with 720p display w/320 DPI.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/first-nexus-prime-photo-leak-shows-buttonless-device-720p-display

8. MeddlingMonk macrumors newbie

good job making a whole new thread to go over the same thing as ten billion other threads.

9. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

10. allthatjazz macrumors regular

If you're disappointed, along with the majority of users, move along. You have choices, it's not the end of the world. People are acting as if they've auctioned off their family and soul for a rumored iPhone 5.

11. jttran241 macrumors member

Seriously debating if I want to pre-order at all or just wait for the Nexus Prime announcement on the 11th, get blown away, and get that instead.

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

That's my plan.

13. vachargerfan macrumors regular

Yeah, this upgrade is tailored to the 3G-3GS people. I personally don't care about Siri. A larger display would have been the way to go for me. I would have definitely upgraded for that. Not going to waste my upgrade eligibility for this phone. I do have to say, the Galaxy 2 is looking tempting

14. Uln4321 macrumors regular

haha I've been using the palm pixi since I sold my iPhone 4 a few weeks ago. I told myself I would not buy unless it was redesigned. After using this, anything is an upgrade and I will now be getting the 4S :D

15. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, all the made up things didn't make it into the iPhone 4S. I can only imagine the betrayal you feel right now.

16. pingfan59 macrumors member

You asked where is the 4G, didn't they upgrade this, but called it something other than 4g?

17. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Those are things that should have made it into an "iPhone5" device, there is just no excuse why Apple did not release an i5 with those spec's, when they easily could have. This iPhone4S after 16 months is a joke, and not innovation whatsoever. If you have an iPhone4 there is zero reason to upgrade, a Jailbreak will get the Siri thing on an i4 too.

But when they spend all their time suing Samsung, because they finally have some real competition.

18. vachargerfan macrumors regular

Yep, and I was really hoping that it would be a phone to make me want to upgrade. Oh well, step father won't be getting my iPhone as a hand me down :D

19. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

This tiny leaked pic of the Nexus-Prime has me more excited than the entire iPhone4S keynote today.

[​IMG]