Disassemble a MX Revolution?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Big-TDI-Guy, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I've had one pretty much since they were launched - apart from needing a 3rd party driver to make everything work well - it's been great.

Except, lately the thumb wheel "rubber strip" has worn down, to the point where it's very difficult to use it. I want to pull this mouse apart to fix this issue - I'm just wondering if anyone has done this already and may be able to save me some grief. (PTFE feet can be a pain to re-adhere sometimes)

I googled and didn't find much anything for this particular mouse. If anyone has any pics, or info, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Random: While Googling - I did find this - I do NOT know if this reseller is reputable or not (never even heard of them until this) but 29 bones for a MX Revolution and 9 shipping seems like a fairly decent deal to me. http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=39015381 check out at your own risk. It said "4 in stock" when I looked.

2. zann macrumors newbie

Regarding Ecost.com Products

Did you notice that most of if not all of their Logitech products appear to be refurbished. I don't know if this matters to you. Would the warranties be the same as Logitech's original warranties for each of the Logitech products they're selling. Just a few questions I would get answered before purchasing anything from ecost.com.