Disassembling iPhone, screw issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ¶Eric, Jun 20, 2013.

1. ¶Eric macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm trying to get to my home button on my iP4 to fix the home button that isn't responding. I'm currently at the vibrator and the one screw just won't budge! All the others came out with no issues at all. I heard it could be a threadlock but I have no idea what that is or how to get past that.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Threadlock is a type of glue that stops a thread working lose on its own (especially if it's vibrating). The only way to open it is with a decent well fitting screwdriver and brute force. I assume you have a iPhone repair kit screwdriver rather than just an old on you had lying around? Be careful not to slip and damage your phone/self.

3. ¶Eric thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I figured that out but now the screws with the washers for the screen are giving me a hard time. -,-

4. Lylyluvda916 macrumors regular

practice makes perfect

it took me awhile to get those washers and screws on the antennae(to put screw on the screen) as well. just be patient. Try a different corner or side and then go back to that one.

5. ¶Eric thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh trust me.... I've been patient for over an hour and they just won't come out.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

it cant be that hard, those screws arent torqued down that much. is your screwdriver camming out?