iPad Disassociate iPad with my account?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by I Need a Drink, Oct 24, 2013.

1. I Need a Drink macrumors regular

I'm looking to sell, possible trade in, my iPad 2 and upgrade to the Air. I know how to erase all the data on it, but I can't seem to find a way to disassociate it with my iTunes/Apple ID. Is there some way to do this? I Googled it and it took me to a page on Apple's site saying that I could go into my account in iTunes and go to "Manage Devices" and delete the iPad, but the article was dated May of last year and I don't see any "Manage Devices" in the current version of iTunes. It's registered to me, so wouldn't I need to let Apple know that I no longer own the device?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

3. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Instead of making a new thread i'll just ask in here.

Does anyone know how to remove an iPad from Apple's new maps on Mac? When using maps and you have the option to send a map to a device it lists my iPad even though I sold it and removed it from iCloud?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Try logging in to Find My iPhone, either through the iCloud website or the app. If the device you sold shows up there, remove it -- there should be a button to do this somewhere.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

This is the place to do it but before you do you want to go into the Settings on the iPad and delete your iCloud account and turn off iMessage.
    Then erase all settings and contents.
    You will be automatically prompted to turn off Find My iPhone

6. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Yeah, i've tried that, Logged in and out of iCloud a couple of times on my Mac as well but it's still the same.