Disassociate Mac App Store on Mac I am selling?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lazerbrains, Feb 1, 2012.

1. lazerbrains macrumors regular

lazerbrains

I have a Macbook Pro that I am selling to a friend. I have added a new admin user, and removed my old user account. However the Mac App Store is still associated with my account, and I can't seem to remove it. It is showing my updates in the dock icon, and in the app store itself.

How can I remove the association of my account with this MacBooks mac app store?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. lazerbrains thread starter macrumors regular

lazerbrains

Thanks, but I am trying to avoid that, as I am selling it with the Apps on it. (except the Mac App Store Apps). So I don't want to go through and reinstall everything. Isn't there an easier way to disassociate the Mac App Store account and this computer? Like you can in iTunes?

----------

Nevermind... There was one last lingering Mac App Store app that I just removed, and now the association seems to be gone. Still seems weird there isn't a more user friendly way to do that?

4. simsaladimbamba

What apps do you want to leave on the machine?

Can this help?

5. lazerbrains thread starter macrumors regular

lazerbrains

Office, Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, and various others. I am selling it to a colleague with all software on it.

6. simsaladimbamba

Are you selling your colleague the licenses to those applications? If not, than your colleague has no legal rights to use them and is committing piracy, just so you know.

7. lazerbrains thread starter macrumors regular

lazerbrains

Yes I am. My new employer is buying me a new computer and apps. So I no longer need mine.