Disc Burning problem with 10.6?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DetroitRockCity, Oct 28, 2009.

1. DetroitRockCity macrumors member

Every time I burn a DVD (data disc) from the finder, it will show up fine in my two snow leopard Macs. When I try putting it in my MacBook Pro that has 10.5 (this is from my university), it will not show up in the finder. Then, it will spit the disc back out. I tried it in a few other MBPs with 10.5, and the same thing happens.
    Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong all of a sudden?

2. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

Apple has had a bad run of superdrives lately. I bought a new MBP a few months ago and noticed it when I tried to backup my files to disk before upgrading to Snow Leopard. Before I reinstalled my OS I'd take it in to see if it's not hardware.

3. DetroitRockCity thread starter macrumors member

well the thing is the MBP with leopard can burn DVDs fine, and it will read whatever it burns. However, it will not read the stuff that was burned in snow leopard.

4. DetroitRockCity thread starter macrumors member

The discs in question are all Verbatim DVD-R discs.
    The Leopard MBP will read burned Memorex discs.

I have always used these Verbatim DVD-Rs with my white macbook and Mac Pro with no problem. Could the 10.5 MBP be having a problem reading just this brand of discs?

5. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

The superdrive will determine if you can read the disk not the OS. Typically you should be able to read anything writing is the problem where the media brand selection is an issue.