Disc Image Burning App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swwack91, Nov 29, 2007.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

So for some reason Toast 8 isn't working anymore. It just crashes every time I try to open it.

I desperately need a good disc image burning app. I'm just trying to find a good program that ASKS HOW MANY COPIES. I often burn 10+ copies of discs and there's something nice about the computer asking for the right amount of copies instead of "insert another if you want to keep going."

Any suggestions?

2. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

anything? whether it be how to fix Toast or another app...

everything i find doesn't have a "copies..." function:

YuBurner
    Burn
    Disco

they only burn one copy

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Toast is really best-of-breed and given that you already own it, I'd suggest that you'd be better off trying to fix it than replacing it with something inferior.

9 times out of 10, these kind of problems are caused by corrupt prefs or support files, so try deleting toast prefs (that's 'Roxio Toast Prefs' and 'com.roxio.toast.plist' in ~/library/preferences) plus the 'Roxio' directory at ~/library/application support/ (in both cases that's the library folder within your home directory).

You'll probably have to re-enter your serial number when re-starting Toast after this process, but it should solve the problem - certainly Toast 8 works well under either Tiger or Leopard here.

4. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i did exactly that and it didn't work.

i've tried opening the app off of the installation .dmg....

i've tried completely reinstalling it.

i have don't know what to do. any other suggestions?

5. TheZA macrumors regular

You just want to burn images, then try the freeware SimplyBurns. At least you can try it for free and see if you like it. I use it to burn images over the disk utility and Toast Lite that came with my external burner. If I need to create an image from a video_ts file I use the freeware DVD Imager, although it is not currently compatible with Leopard. If I need to compress, I use DVD2OneX (AKA DTOX).

6. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah i already tried SimplyBurns. I'm currently using Disco until I can get Toast back up and running....

but like I always need more than one copy and it's so nice to have a program ask for the number of copies. ugh

7. mediaguru macrumors regular

Are you using Toast in Leopard? Roxio recently released an update; maybe that would help.

You have to enter your serial number off the packaging and create an account in order to download.