Disc Permissions repair in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Ronnoco, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Ok, so I did a permissions repair after the Lion install and aside from the typical Java Virtual Console repairs (at least that is one I see the most), I now have several dozen "Remote Management" repairs...
    Now, I'm not sure where or what that is, but after the repair, I ran verify permissions and I saw all of the same "remote management" errors again even though Disk Utility said it repaired them (did not see any of the Java errors)...:confused:
    Ran it all again and DU says "all permissions repaired" and then I verify and it shows all the errors again...
    WTF?
    (mid 2010 15" i5 MBP 4GB 500GB HD running 10.7.0)

2. Ronnoco thread starter macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Anyone have these "Remote Management" errors that will not "repair"?

3. usw macrumors newbie

I don't, only java related stuff, and one or two apple preferences, sorry :(

4. Ronnoco thread starter macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Thank you...can't find a single thing relating to this on a google search or here on MR...I guess I am the only one that has this issue...I suppose I can call Apple Support and see what they say...:confused:

5. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I actually have these same errors that keep popping up for Remote Management. They just keep showing up over and over again each try of Repair Permissions.

It might be related to not doing a clean install because I know I didn't have them on DP4 after doing a clean install and then using Migration Assistant.

My current setup is just a simple upgrade over Snow Leopard and that is when these unrepairable RM permissions keep popping up.

Let me know if you find a solution other than doing a clean install of Lion again.

6. Ronnoco thread starter macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Interesting...thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy...:D
    I spoke to Apple Support and they really had no answer except for "you can probably ignore it if the permissions repair completes successfully"...they are going to "look into it"...:roll eyes:
    The tech said they are getting "A TON" of weird repair errors with the upgrade...I let you know if I get a definitive answer...my system performs just fine, it just bugs me...LOL

7. kev1234 macrumors member

I have have these same errors that keep popping up. They just keep showing up over and over again each try of Repair Permissions.

If you got and answer of why is the happening please let me know !! :confused:

Thnaks

8. dustinscott macrumors newbie

This thread hits the spot

Hi guys,

So glad I found this thread. I am experiencing the exact same issue, ran verify and repair permissions 3 times, no change. Just wanted to start as clean as possible after migrating from Snowleopard to my new MBA (I know it's not the cleanest way, but sooooo convenient with all my apps and settings and stuff;).
    Tried Applejack and it it did a nice cleanup except for the permissions: "Unable to run because unable to access diskmanagement... (or something like that)
    Anyway, I hope someone finds the solution.

Thanks for this thread!

9. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Why are you trying to "repair" permissions then? :confused:

10. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999