Disc Printing Software for HP Photosmart D5360

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SaintDiablo, Jun 30, 2008.

1. SaintDiablo macrumors member

I'm planning on buying a HP Photosmart D5360, and I'm wondering if there's a disc printing software for it. Is there one?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Have a look at this thread over on the Roxio forums - evidently you're not the only one.

3. Tonto Yoder macrumors newbie

FWIW, I bought an HP D5360 months ago solely for its CD/ DVD printing.
    I was disappointed to find that the Roxio Express Installer software only worked with Windows, esp. since I already have Discus 3.13 on my Mac.
    I wasn't crazy about the labels I could make with the Roxio software alone, so I would make labels with Discus label software/ Mac and send them as jpgs to the Windows laptop, then print them. This worked but was a pain.

This morning I'm trying to get Discus & Mac to print directly to CDs. I'm getting ink on the CD, but it's not centered on the disc. It seems like, if I could get the right template for Discus, I would be OK.

BTW, there's new Discus 4 software that promises direct-to-CD printing; it may well include more templates, but I was hoping to avoid paying $30 for the upgrade. There's a free trial of Discus 4, so I'll probably try that out next.
    Also, someone has posted that software for the HP D5160 printer includes templates/ software that will work for the 5360.

4. Tonto Yoder macrumors newbie

Update: I downloaded the free trial for Discus 4, and it DOES include a HP D5160 template. Clicked "CD/DVD 120mm" in Page setup and got the D5360 to print on the disc fine.
    Unfortunately, the free trial stamps "Demo" all over the disc, so this isn't really a great solution. :mad:

I guess any software might work if you can find a HP 5160 template.
    _______________________(((((((((((((+))))))))))))____________________________
    Update: I upgraded software from Discus 3.1.3 to 3.1.6 (free upgrade) and it DID include a template for the D5160 (which works for the 5360 and reportedly other HP printers). I originally got a limited version of Discus free, bundled with Roxio Popcorn, but upgraded to get more templates (I think).
    I wish HP had bundled Discus with their printer rather than Roxio Express labeller.

5. aakanshayadav macrumors newbie

It did take a long time to install the software and drivers. I purchased the printer specifically for the print directly to CD/DVD function. Unfortunately the software provided by HP for this function is very limited . Finally after trial and error, I was able to adjust settings with my Roxi o product to have it work with it as well.

6. Tonto Yoder, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

Tonto Yoder macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, my HP direct to CD printer quit working a couple months ago. I thought I could just buy a new one, but HP has discontinued the feature on all of their new models. I ended up buying a used HP Photosmart C5250 off Craigslist solely because it printed directly to disc.

BTW, does it seem the printable discs are more difficult to find? I used to get them at Staples or Office Max, often on sale,, but last time I checked one or the other, they weren't carrying ANY printables.
    Of course, one can always order online, but it IS nice just to pick some up immediately at a brick and mortar store.