Disc Scratches? Bee Stings?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gustavo Machado, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Gustavo Machado macrumors newbie

What is this product that can wonderfully make scratches on your favorite discs disappear or cease the pain of bee sting?

Could it be that paste you put in your mouth each morning and night?

Yes it is toothpaste!

9 Uses For Toothpaste Other Than Brushing

2. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Cool. Gotta try that foggy bathroom mirror hint.

A while ago, I saw a YouTube video where toothpaste was used to clean gunk off of car headlights. Made 'em look new again.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Scratches disappearing is one thing, but it's not like toothpaste can magically regenerate the data that's been gouged away.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

It helps, a lot. I had a few PS2 discs that were in less than pristine condition and I put plain ol' white toothpaste on them. Scrubbed and voila. They began to work again.

Your experience may vary.

5. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I use shaving cream for the bathroom mirror it leaves a fine film after buffing out

Otherwise toothpaste has uses in a college dorm room when your moving out it comes in two colors blue and white just like most dorm room paint jobs....you can use it to spackle the thumbtack holes from all your posters and leave the room smelling minty fresh to cover up the lingering post frat party vomit smell.

I wouldn't suggest using toothpaste to fix cd scratches most brands have an abrasive I like to hit the auto parts store and grab a bottle of RainX for that--it does a good job on light scratches with a soft cloth.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Toothpaste can be used to replicate the effect of one of those disk doctors...you intentionally rub away the scratches just making sure to go across the disk surface and not around it. If you've ever seen what a disk doctor does you know what to do.

Toothpaste also works great for April fools day... Take the stuffing out of an Oreo and fill it back up with either white or pale blue (spring oreo color) paste, then leave it around the office, dorm, apartment etc. Or mix real ones into a bag with fake ones and offer them to your friends as you eat the good ones.

7. Gustavo Machado thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh man thanks for the car one, my headlights are wrecked and dirty, might give that one a try.