Discolored Smudge Mark on Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pezasied182, Jul 12, 2011.

1. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

Hello, my 2011 MBP recently started having what looks like a grey smudge mark on the screen. It is about an inch and a half wide and only shows up when the screen is displaying dark colors. Any ideas as to what this is? I've had the computer since May and this just started like yesterday (or I first noticed it then at least.) Should I take my MBP into an Apple Store?

Here is a picture of it (taken with my iphone) though it doesn't really do it justice. [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

2. EgEm macrumors member

Exactly the same issue im having with my Macbook Pro 15" ... its from ebay but anyway :(,i just want to know if its not going to grow more or something like that...

3. pezasied182 thread starter macrumors 6502

Welp I'm going to the Apple Store tomorrow and I'll tell you what they say

4. EgEm macrumors member

Pleaseeeee!! i would do it too, but i live on Mexico, so there's no Apple stores near ):... Please ask them if its going to grow or something... :S Thanks!

5. pezasied182 thread starter macrumors 6502

Took my Macbook in, they are going to replace the lcd screen/upper case for free, but they didn't have the parts in so I have to wait a few days. I'd see if you can call Apple and send your computer in to be fixed? I don't know the exact policy on computers outside of the US though.

6. EgEm macrumors member

Hii, hey thats amazing :D xD!... look, unfortenly i bought my Macbook Pro on ebay, its a 2009 model so there's no warranty... the Tech support on Mexico its just... =/ bleh (they took like a month to replace a key on the keyboard... A KEY... ON THE KEYBOARD... the A letter). I dont want to fix it, because as i said, its just a tiny spot... i just wanted to know if its going to grow or something xD... or if my display is going to fade at some moment or something... :(

Jejeje, well, its good to hear that the apple support on the US is so amazing D:!

7. EgEm macrumors member

xD looool i just find out something

jajajaja just for curiosity i ve searched for the serial of my computer on the apple website... and the Macbook Pro has Applecare until 2012!! :3 my god, im going to talk applecare today, thank you!

8. SinisterPower macrumors member

SinisterPower

Never buy a computer unless it's brand new off ebay.

9. EgEm macrumors member

You are going to give me the money or what :3? if that's so im going to look for a brand new Macbook pro computer xD...!