Discolouration in windows on MacBook Pro 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hcetigol, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Hcetigol macrumors newbie

My macbook pro was fine when i installed bootcamp for the first time and loaded windows on. I then did a firmware update from mac (v 1.1.4) which afterwards made my windows fuzzy (only the colour blue). I have replaced my logic board 4 times already. and it still does the same. I have taken it into apple centers to find out what the problem is, but even they couldnt find the problem. So if anyone else has the same problem please let me know if there is a way to fix this.

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I don't think it's got anything to do with the physical hardware.. more colour profiles and graphic card settings/drivers?

I get the same thing on my Bootcamp installation too.. though I don't think it's limited to the blue tones... Perhaps I'll take a screen shot and a photo, this way someone here can help us both.

3. Hcetigol thread starter macrumors newbie

well i the frist two logic boards i had replaced, it worked and fixed the problem.but when i asked them if they did that firware update they didnt. So i did it and then the windows thing bugged out again. they said they tried a new screen for me too and hard drive.but nothing works. but if you plug in an external monitor the colour is fine.
    the graphics card is on the logic board.they tested it and said its not the graphics card...so then what can it be????