Disconnecting Magsafe 2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Costino1, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

How do you guys disconnect the MagSafe 2 from your Macbook Pro correctly/safely?

I tilt it off, but am afraid I'll knick the aluminum.

I don't want to pull it off and rip the wiring.

2. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

I just pick the lap top up, then tilt the plug down, and then gently remove it.

I'm pretty anal with my stuff, so I'm kind of careful but since it's metal to metal, over the time I'm sure very small nicks will pop up in there.

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I just use the fat part of my thumb and pull it off with brute force.

4. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

I take it by thumb and index finger and pull it out.

On my old MacBook Pro I ended up with a slight dent on the top side of mine from the Mag safe coming in and out so I'm trying to be more careful on my new machine.

----------

On a side note, Sean - how do you get on going from your rMBP to iPad Mini? I'm worried after using the retina display and iPhone screen that the Mini's won't cut the mustard...

5. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

Honestly...It really doesn't bother me that much! I use my mini for a lot of work related stuff (numbers app) and just keeping track of things...It's pretty much my lifeline. I really don't use it to much for say web browsing and stuff of that nature. But I do occasionally use it from time to time to look up a site or whatever, and I'll tell you this...It's not as bad as people make it out to be.

And I'll give you one even better, I also own a nexus 7 and I prefer my mini because the screen temp is a lot cooler on my mini compared to my nexus 7...Meaning whites on the mini are a real cool crisp white, compared to my nexus 7 which is way warmer and has an almost yellowish tint.

But I can easily go from using my rMBP or my iphone 5 to using my ipad mini without really saying...ughhhhh I wish this had a retina screen...It's fine IMO.

6. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

I have both the current magsafe adapter and one from the old Aluminum '07 MacBook Pros (same power output as the current).

For the old one, I just push down.

For the current one, I push to the side.

7. Tenashus1 macrumors 6502

I used to be "anal." I don't think twice. I just take it out.

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I usually stand up and it unplugs on its own because I forgot it was plugged in.:eek:

9. Outkast27 macrumors 6502

I yank it off as hard as I can. As far as the magsafe 2, I just slightly pull the wire at and angle. Athankyou.

10. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

First I wash my hands to get all the dirt off. Then I proceed to place my two fingers on each side of the magsafe connector, I CAREFULLY pull it out, not TOO hard, but just ENOUGH force to detach the amazing magnets that hold it together.

After it's disconnected I wrap it around the power-brick with the precision-warping-alignment technique.

11. zipur macrumors 6502

Best way to remove the magsafe..

The best ways is to just tap it on the top rear, or pull up on the magsafe. Any vertical angle will safely disconnect the device.