Disconnection issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bmac4, Jun 11, 2018.

1. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I have a series 2 ceramic watch that I have had since launch. Within the last 3 months I have been having issues with the watch disconnecting from the phone. It will just randomly disconnects or I will move away from my phone and it never reconnects.

I contacted support and they told me to try setting it up as New. I did that, but the issue didn’t get resolved. I contacted them again today, and they said to make sure I was up to date. Got the latest software, but still didn’t help. The first time I contacted them, they ran diagnostics on the watch and said everything looked fine.

Anyone had similar issues, or have ideas? Supports next step is send it in for repair, but I have heard horror stories. Plus my issue isn’t even listed as one of things to send it in for. They were going to set it up for me, but I am a bit hesitant to send it back.

2. bizzwriter macrumors member

bizzwriter

I suggest you take it to your nearest genius bar and see if they can get it kickstarted. My S0 watch disconnected 6 months ago, and I tried a variety of different things to reconnect, including resetting everything. I eventually gave up and planned to buy a new Apple watch since the cost of repair is so high. I was on vacation last week and walked by an Apple store -- popped in to see if they could have a look. About 20 minutes later they had me fixed up -- no charge.

3. GRT89521 macrumors newbie

GRT89521

I have the exact same issue with my series 2 ceramic; I've had a case open for some time and I'm getting no responses from Apple. I've worked with two Senior Advisers and my case has been sent to Engineering. For the last two weeks it's been crickets from them. I've followed up twice in the last couple days with no response.

4. GRT89521 macrumors newbie

GRT89521

If I toggle airplane mode on the phone it quickly reconnects. if I toggle airplane mode on the watch it doesn't reconnect. Also, in the watch app on the iPhone, and under Bluetooth on the iPhone, it shows that the watch is connected when the watch says it is disconnected.

I have a series 3 Cellular paired to this phone too; I haven't seen the issue with my Series 3.

5. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Weird. I have another series 2 SB SS that doesn’t have the issue at all. Funny thing is, I have had the watch since laugh and had no issues with it until now.

I was going to do the express replacement, but they put the hold on your card for the entire amount of the watch until the broken one is returned. Not completely sure how that works, but would they hold over $1000 on my card that I couldn’t use?