iPhone X Discontinued iPhone X stock?

mattfoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
I wonder where all those beautifully sealed boxes of the discontinued iPhone X are going.
Is the Apple recycle robot going to replace the insides of them with the new IPhone Xs boards and chipsets?
Or are they going to be sold in a specific country?

JPack

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2017
Probably salvage them for parts or use them for customer replacements.

The Xs has a new chassis design with 2 extra antennas.

Reactions: mattfoo

MrAperture

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2017
SF, CA
They are currently being liquidated at $899.99. I imagine they will be a hit on Black Friday or XMas season if carriers start offering better deals than the current Buy One, get another iPhone at $700 off with new line that's currently going on.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
As an X user, if given the choice today between an X for 900 and an XS for $1000 I’d be getting the XS.

The $100 discount isn’t enough even if the benefits of the XS aren’t huge - the processor and camera improvements are worth that 11% extra.

I think it’d have to be 800-850 before I’d drop down to the X.

In terms of where they go, remember Apple knew they were releasing the XS and not keeping the X as a lower cost model, so there’ll
be a lot less handsets around than normal.

Reactions: keysofanxiety

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
I wonder where all those beautifully sealed boxes of the discontinued iPhone X are going.
Is the Apple recycle robot going to replace the insides of them with the new IPhone Xs boards and chipsets?
Or are they going to be sold in a specific country?
Don’t think apples supply chain works that way.

I don’t believe their is as much excess stock as some are hoping for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.