Discount on Recently Purchased MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jclardy, Feb 24, 2011.

1. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

So my friend bought a 15" MBP about a week ago so he is still in his 14 day period.

If he goes to the Apple store will they give him some money back since the old models are still for sale at reduced prices? I don't think he will really want to "trade-up" to the newer model.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in this.

2. audrey.young54 macrumors newbie

i'm also curious about this too, today is the last day to return my macbook pro and they're suppose to honor price adjustments??

Thanks in advance if anyone could chime in.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I don't think they'll give you a price adjustment becAuse technically, they didn't change the pricing on the models. The best you could probably do is exchange it for a newer one.

4. jclardy thread starter macrumors 68040

jclardy

Are you sure? Because when I went into an Apple store after a new launch last year they had a white price placard on the table with the new machines advertising the old machines with lower prices.

The new models have new product numbers, so they aren't the same product...

And now with Apple's new no restocking fee policy he could return it for a full refund, then buy the same machine for a lower price if they have them in stock (Which it was the fully loaded 15" model so I imagine they aren't flying off the shelves).

5. audrey.young54 macrumors newbie

hmm, interesting. Ok, i don't want to sound dumb and greedy...but obviously i'd have to pay the difference for the new one right? i paid in total of $2308 for my baseline 17inch with student discount, the new will cost nearly $2700.

It'd be unbelievably awesome if they just exchanged it for me =X.