Discount on refurbished mbp's when the new model arrives..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sevadox, Feb 19, 2010.

1. sevadox macrumors newbie

How much of a discount do you think the current/previous mbp's will have when the new model comes out? Right now the refurbs are around $300 to $400 off, will they be discounted even more with the advent of new models?

2. silvrbullet macrumors regular

I bought my refurb MBP 1 week prior to the last refresh for $1699. When I called to see about getting a discount they offered me a $450 credit. So, I got a $2000 unit for $1250.

3. poblack macrumors regular

Yes. If I recall correctly, the first 15" unibody mackbook pro (the lowest priced one) was selling for only $1299 when the current 15" macbook pro's were announced. They sold quickly. I can't remember what the original price was but I believe it was $1999

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The prices will vary but the discount will likely be quite large. Best bet is if you see one in the refurbished store online, quickly decide and purchase it because those will be gone quickly.

5. sevadox thread starter macrumors newbie

wow. I don't care what groundbreaking technology apple includes in the refreshes; you just can't beat a $750 discount.

6. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I can back this up too. I went in to Apple the day they received the unibodies and the 15" was $1299.