Discounts / benefits when buying new Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Glockron, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Glockron macrumors member

Hey everyone, I just bought a 13" MBA i5/128/8 last week.

In the shop (authorised reseller, not Apple Store) they gave me all sorts of benefits because I just asked if they could give me any sort of discount. Just goes to show the huge profit margin the shops make...

I am in Denmark, and I don't know if that makes a difference - but I was able to get a nice free sleeve plus a 50% reduction on an AppleCare equivalent (provided by the store, also covering accidental damage, wear + tear, as well as theft).

Just sharing - it might be worth a shot for you guys to ask for benefits. After all - worst case scenario is they say no.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's pretty common, Apple have leeway...I have never yet payed full price for any of my Macs, and my AC is free. I have a dedicated sales representative allocated to me by a close friend at Apple.

If you don't ask, you won't get, but this kind of thing happens from time to time, and varies from store to store.

Works like this:

Each store has a sales volume target...Achieve the target, more leeway...Can't say more, and as I have never been into an Apple store, conducting all my purchases over the phone and online, I couldn't say which parts of Europe are more likely than others to give discount...At a guess, large stores in highly populated areas / new stores...(Promo) but as you say...You asked...If you hadn't, you'd have paid full price. Another little tip for anybody who has had to return an Apple product due to faults. Mention it when purchasing something new, and politely remind them how inconvenient it was for you...That works too.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's not really an equivalent to Applecare... it's a lot better, at least it seems like it without reading the actual terms and conditions of the warranty.

4. Critterbug macrumors member

Critterbug

AC Equivalent