Discounts in effect?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by StephenAndrew, Nov 30, 2012.

1. StephenAndrew macrumors member

I just ordered an iMac through the Apple store - I was planning on being able to take advantage of a PPA (Professional Photographers of America) member discount, but the discount isn't showing up for the iMac - it's there for all the other Macs, just not the new iMac. Do you think this is because they just haven't updated the store to accommodate these sorts of discounts yet, or do they wait until it's not 'new' anymore to provide the discount? I placed my order with the regular pricing, in the hopes that it will secure my configuration and I can still have the discount applied before being charged the full amount, but we'll see. Anyone else run into a similar situation?

2. kidwei macrumors regular

Same... the EPP program from my work has no discount for iMac, though it did have a discount for the old line... kinda disappointed in that.. i plan to keep an eye on it.. but for tonight, i placed a pre-order for a 27" imac anyway.

3. RyanDe680 macrumors member

RyanDe680

Im running into the same problem, no discount showing up...

I'll call.

4. RyanDe680 macrumors member

RyanDe680

So no corporate discounts on iMacs...

Gov't and education seem to be processing, but the "average Joe" corporate discount is not working for iMac, purposefully.

No timeline as to when Apple expects to offer this on iMac.

5. lephelps macrumors newbie

Give the EPP customer service number a try...

Based on the excellent experience I just had, I would highly suggest calling the EPP support line (1-877-EPP-MEMBER) and wait the 15 or so minutes on hold to speak to someone.

I had a great conversation with someone who checked my company's EPP site and confirmed the current lack of a corporate EPP discount on the new iMacs (he didn't know why it's not showing up) but then offered another discount he had available before giving me even slightly more than the EPP discount at the very end of the transaction.

So, I went from being utterly disappointed after staying up until 3am EST last night to the extremely happy soon-to-be-owner of a new BTO 27" iMac that should ship towards the end of December. :D

Give the call a shot...you might be pleasantly surprised. Oh, and if you're looking for the Apple/Barclays financing, they can complete the application for you during the call.

6. pshin8670 macrumors newbie

Tried this and no dice....all the EPP customer service rep could suggest was finding a student who qualifies for the education discount and purchase through that channel.

7. buttercup macrumors member

I had the same experience! I was sitting here all frustrated and then thought why not just call? I actually called 1-800-MYAPPLE rather than epp but they gave me ~190$ off a 27 with the i7 and fusiondrive upgrade as they figured it was just a glitch. So worth it and waiting for an extra week or two to get it.

8. lephelps macrumors newbie

Hmm, like a lot of support lines, it must be luck of the draw then...sorry. :confused: Maybe karma was trying to make it up to me for such lousy Powerball numbers and for the extremely late-night-for-nuthin' last night. :eek:

----------

Phew, glad to hear it wasn't just my experience. Now to survive the anticipation for the next few weeks. :)

9. RyanDe680 macrumors member

RyanDe680

Yeah I tried calling 4 times now - all same response "EPP not on iMacs currently"

10. StephenAndrew thread starter macrumors member

I just called and had a good experience. The guy I spoke with told me that the EPP program isn't in effect yet (will probably be in a couple weeks), but the education discount is currently. He asked if I had any family that was in school or affiliated with a college or university. I told him my aunt works at a university, so we cancelled my previous order and reordered with the education discount in place. He didn't ask what my aunt's name was or anything, or what she does at the university, so I gather they're pretty lax about that. Got about $300 knocked off the price, so I'm pretty happy! Definitely give them a call and give it a shot - or maybe wait a couple weeks and see if the EPP discount shows up.

11. kidwei macrumors regular

Has anyone had luck with getting an adjustment made to an existing order rather than having to cancel and place a new order? Shipping dates have slipped a week and I'd hate to have to wait longer... but.. the discount!

12. StephenAndrew thread starter macrumors member

From what I was told on the phone, the only way for the discount to be applied was to cancel and reorder. It's no problem as long as the order is still 'processing' and not preparing to ship, but if it's further along in the shipping process there may be a problem. In my case, I ordered a 27" so it wouldn't have been ready to ship for several weeks anyway, but for a 21.5" it might have been a different story.