Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benboy12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2014
Hi All,

I didn't see this advertised on the front page, so I figured I would post it here. It looks like Apple is having a sale on MacBook Pro's on their website. I saw something that said up to $300 off, but I was seeing between $100-200 off on average. The nice thing is that it looks like you can pair the discount with the free Beats headphones offer. I priced a 13 inch Pro with the top processor and 16 GB of RAM, and it came out to be $2,109. I think the regular price was $2,299. I am still not sure if I am ready to upgrade (I have a 2013 MacBook Pro), but I figured I would throw this out there for anyone who has been looking.
[doublepost=1500595058][/doublepost]Actually, I think Apple's website may be automatically be routing me to their store with education pricing, even though I never selected anything about being a student or teacher.

Reactions: KGB7

pallymore

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2013
Boston, MA
Hi All,

I didn't see this advertised on the front page, so I figured I would post it here. It looks like Apple is having a sale on MacBook Pro's on their website. I saw something that said up to $300 off, but I was seeing between $100-200 off on average. The nice thing is that it looks like you can pair the discount with the free Beats headphones offer. I priced a 13 inch Pro with the top processor and 16 GB of RAM, and it came out to be $2,109. I think the regular price was $2,299. I am still not sure if I am ready to upgrade (I have a 2013 MacBook Pro), but I figured I would throw this out there for anyone who has been looking.
[doublepost=1500595058][/doublepost]Actually, I think Apple's website may be automatically be routing me to their store with education pricing, even though I never selected anything about being a student or teacher.

I think once you visited the education store it always takes you to the education store until you clear your cookies and cache.

I picked up a i7/16G/512 13inch TB - it's 2309 before taxes, regular price would be $2499 before tax so that's almost $200 off. and with the free beats - you can probably sell them for $180+ so total would be almost $400 off MSRP.

I think you will need to get the top spec 15inch in order to get $300+ off (including upgrade discounts) besides the headphones.

benboy12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2014
I think once you visited the education store it always takes you to the education store until you clear your cookies and cache.

I picked up a i7/16G/512 13inch TB - it's 2309 before taxes, regular price would be $2499 before tax so that's almost $200 off. and with the free beats - you can probably sell them for $180+ so total would be almost $400 off MSRP.

I think you will need to get the top spec 15inch in order to get $300+ off (including upgrade discounts) besides the headphones.

Do you have to validate that you are a student/faculty to get the pricing? I never entered a student or faculty e-mail address anywhere...

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Do you have to validate that you are a student/faculty to get the pricing? I never entered a student or faculty e-mail address anywhere...

Apple don't do sales, it's definitely the EDU store you've connected to.

You usually need to sign in through a University email address, which you'd have to do at point of sale. Or provide ID in store to get the price, but there are ways to access the EDU store to see prices. Not sure if that means you can make it through to the sale point however.

pallymore

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2013
Boston, MA

nah, if you buy it online, they don't require any proof.
Although you are violating their terms and conditions though.

AndreaB13

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2016

it depends from country to country.
In the italian Apple online store, you have to confirm your status by providing a valide faculty e-mail address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.