Discounts on new 13" MBP on Amazon

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Hmm. This hadn't crossed my mind. Ordering from BH would be easy. Plus, they don't charge sales tax in my state. Technically, I'm required to pay the tax myself to the state... Anyway, I'll keep an eye out to see if they'll bring the mid or even top range and slash prices.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Yep it's probably a mistake, they'll end up cancelling orders. This has happened many times in the past when I've preordered things directly from amazon.

Reactions: myscrnnm

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
I wonder if they will cancel orders,

but I guess I'm not in the boat to where I personally will find out one way or another :p

$1134 for non touch bar would be tempted, but I'd be afraid of getting hosed on resell of my base 12" rMB from last year, in resell

and added weight differences,

really just a sucker for p3 screens at this point, after Pro 9.7 and 7+

wchristian6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2016
Atlanta
Well I got in for a $1134 space grey non touch before it close but am not confident about it being legit. We see what happens next few days

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
@wchristian6 if seller is amazon, then you can head down to local bestbuy and show them prove of purchase which would be your order email and order status from amazon page and they will price match lol. Wish i had snag that deal and i would have done it at my local best buy.

Havok83

macrumors regular
May 12, 2012
@wchristian6 if seller is amazon, then you can head down to local bestbuy and show them prove of purchase which would be your order email and order status from amazon page and they will price match lol. Wish i had snag that deal and i would have done it at my local best buy.
You cant do that on a preorder. Best Buy pricematches items that are available, not future items that they nor Amazon have in stock

Reactions: tkukoc

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Now amazon deleted the place holder pages, and with that the preorders are going to be cancelled. Someone messed up again on their end.

Reactions: myscrnnm

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
So people are certain this will get cancelled? Bummer was a good deal for the base 13" non touch bar

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
So people are certain this will get cancelled? Bummer was a good deal for the base 13" non touch bar
No one is certain of anything. I'd say the probability is strong it will be canceled. Mind you, companies do not, as a rule, 'honor' computer errors that will cost them $$$ :D

That, is an urban myth

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I think it will be cancelled mainly because so many were purchased. This first showed up on Slickdeals and hundreds of these were ordered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.