Discounts on the now "old" MacBook Pro's?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tekmoe, Apr 13, 2010.

1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

This may be the first time I have ever considered buying the "outdated" MacBook Pro after the new ones have arrived. How much of a discount could I expect to get on one of the C2D 17" models at the Apple retail store? If I could save 200-300, I think I'd probably do it.

Anyone have any first hand experience with this?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Check the refurb store. You won't be able to buy "new" old models directly from Apple.

3. belvdr macrumors 603

I bought a 13" 2.26 refurb and love it. I'd recommend anyone look at refurbs first, if the specifications meet your requirements.

4. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

Really? I swear I have seen people post where they went into the Apple retail store and were able to buy leftover MacBook Pro's at a discounted price after the newer models had been released. But then again maybe I am crazy...

5. highscheme macrumors regular

yeah it is true but I don't think there are many leftover in physical stores

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Oh sorry, for some reason I missed "retail store" :mad:

You might be able to get them there, but I'd imagine you'd need to get one pretty fast before they ship them back. It might be worth calling. For a further discount you could inquire about buying a display model if you don't mind owning one that's been touched by a bunch of grubby hands :p

7. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

Well luckily for me we've got about 5 different Apple retail stores around here in Dallas so I might be able to score one. But it all depends on how deep of a discount it is....

I'll keep you guys informed.