Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
I also noticed that Best Buy updated a bunch of the mystery bands with photos, Hyper Grape loop only had a part # last night, today it has a matching picture. Though it now says Sold Out. Mine has shipped so wow, thank you for the heads up on that one!
image.jpg

Brand new and sealed! I wonder where Best Buy found this whole stash of new (old) bands all of a sudden! ?

Last edited:

EmmaLouWho

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2019
That's a 40mm, right?

All of these Best Buy boxes seem to have been buried in a warehouse somewhere. Some of the boxes are trashed or open and they seem to have secondary stickers on the back (starting with PT).
My dragon fruit sport loop came today open box. Will be sending this one back.
Spearmint was new unopened.
B5447B18-070E-48B4-8A94-54CCC31CF157.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: CodeRaven

chrisr21

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
What do people make of this eBay seller based here in the UK? They’ve got a lot of boxed straps, but there are a few unboxed straps that I’m thinking about buying

Do they look genuine to those of you with a better eye than me?

Illini Al

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2019
Bolingbrook, IL
My dragon fruit sport loop came today open box. Will be sending this one back.
Spearmint was new unopened.
View attachment 976111

My Dragon Fruit Sport Loop came in a sealed box. Same with Hyper Grape and Storm Gray Sport Loops that I ordered. All 3 boxes were slightly bent, but I assume it's because of the packaging they use for shipping.
I'm still debating about the Spearmint Sport Loop. Not sure that I would wear it, and if I decided to sell it, I'm sure I'd get nowhere near the $50 (+ tax) I'd spend on it.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
For anyone looking to add a black sport band to your collection, WalMart has them for crazy cheap. 44 mm is $8.27 and 40 mm is $10.27 with free shipping. Also have a few other basic colors like Midnight Blue and Stone below retail. There is also a single 42 mm Turquoise sport band for sale in addition for a few Summer 2020 bands still available.

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
For anyone looking to add a black sport band to your collection, WalMart has them for crazy cheap. 44 mm is $8.27 and 40 mm is $10.27 with free shipping. Also have a few other basic colors like Midnight Blue and Stone below retail. There is also a single 42 mm Turquoise sport band for sale in addition for a few Summer 2020 bands still available.

I haven’t purchased from them myself, but the cheap ones on Walmart are actually by third party sellers (the black one says Sold by iTek) not direct from Walmart and are the silicon ones that come in the plastic bags. The official Apple ones will say they are sold by Walmart.

edit: looking at the photos for the 44mm ones, it looks like some people got real bands, most got knockoffs. It depends who they actually ordered from. A lot of the 1-star reviews say they are fake.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019

decent price for these if anybody is desperately looking

MostlyARMless

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2020
Bristol, UK
What do people make of this eBay seller based here in the UK? They’ve got a lot of boxed straps, but there are a few unboxed straps that I’m thinking about buying

Do they look genuine to those of you with a better eye than me?

I've bought a couple from them. You are pretty safe with the boxed ones, but the colour identification on the unboxed ones is a bit hit-and-miss... I ordered Pollen, got Lemonade. They then corrected the listing once I pointed it out.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I haven’t purchased from them myself, but the cheap ones on Walmart are actually by third party sellers (the black one says Sold by iTek) not direct from Walmart and are the silicon ones that come in the plastic bags. The official Apple ones will say they are sold by Walmart.

edit: looking at the photos for the 44mm ones, it looks like some people got real bands, most got knockoffs. It depends who they actually ordered from. A lot of the 1-star reviews say they are fake.
Yep - gotta be really careful who you're actually ordering from on these platforms.

Chances are the $41 versions sold by Walmart are the real deal and the $8 versions aren't.

1604080830465.png

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX

Yep - gotta be really careful who you're actually ordering from on these platforms.

Chances are the $41 versions sold by Walmart are the real deal and the $8 versions aren't.

View attachment 976529
Good advice! I had never ordered a band from WalMart so I didn’t know to look out for this. Guess you have to treat it like any other marketplace.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.