Discover Card 5% back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tehBrad, Sep 11, 2014.

1. tehBrad macrumors regular

Just a warning, if you were planning on using the discover card as your form of payment just for the 5% cashback, i just read through the terms and it wont work on pre-orders.

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I'm not able to order right now anyway, so I figured I might as well wait until October so I can get the 5% discount through ShopDiscover and stack the 5% discount for online shopping in the fourth quarter of this year. I'll use the 10% savings toward AC+.

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Sadly, this has come up a couple years now. I'm going to go through United Mileage Plus mall and earn 300 air miles. It might not work either, being a pre-order and an iPhone, but the terms haven't been updated, so I might as well give it a try. Obviously, 300 air miles is worth a measly $3, but might as well.

Fat Wallet specifically says no iPhone 6 too.

4. tehBrad thread starter macrumors regular

Just looked at Chase Ultimate Rewards and it looks they are giving 2 extra points per dollar spent. I didn't see any restrictions regarding pre-orders.

5. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

Discover has 5% cashback thru online retailers starting in october.

Dumb question but can these stack if I order tomorrow? It wouldn't technically be a pre-order anymore and apple doesn't charge until it ships which would be at least october for the 6+?

6. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

These stack now?

7. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

8. auero macrumors 65816

For what it's worth, they said the same thing when the iPad Air released. I was able to get 5% back for two of them.

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

It stacked for me last year when I bought my MBP. Hopefully they haven't changed their terms to prevent that. Unless my getting it was just a fluke.