Discover card 5%(x2) on apple purchases?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Christian 5G, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

Hello Discover credit card holders,

I got a discover card almost a year ago with 5% x2 =10% cash back for the first year.

It looks to me Discover having a deal again until end of September and assuming I'm still under the first year until end of this month.

Last year I preordered iPhone 6s with this deal and got 10% back from purchase in cash back, and this year it looks to me same happening again.

IMHO might as well upgrade to macbook pro right now before I reach my first year and get 10% back from it.

Just wanted to let people on here know who still has a card because I remember last year this was a pretty big deal.

Attached Files:

2. madman555 macrumors member

It says preorders are excluded from the offer. Are you sure you preordered the 6s? And if you did are you sure you got the 10%?

3. Christian 5G thread starter macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

Called to Discover today and verified.

So, yes 5% x2 at the end of the year.

And yes I got the cash back last year for preorder. Can even get a screenshot of that statement.

4. madman555 macrumors member

Thanks for checking. Hopefully it still works this year. I was thinking of not pre-ordering so I could qualify for the cash back.

5. madman555 macrumors member

So I just placed two preorders. One will be delivered on Day 1, the other in October. I don't think Apple charges the credit card until they ship so it'll be interesting to see if I get the 5% for any of the phones

6. Christian 5G thread starter macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

I received cash back in December of last year

7. madman555 macrumors member

Are you saying you preordered the 6s in September and got the cash back credited to you in December?