Discovered 3rd Party Accessory that prevents water damage to iphone 100% effective

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by branjosef, Feb 16, 2009.

1. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

So I found this amazing product the other day. It is 100% effective at stopping water damage to the phone. What is so cool is it works with either iphone as well as other electronics. It's relatively cheap and instead just getting just one or two applications like most protectors :rolleyes:, you can get up to 100 in a box. :eek: Thats amazing!!! They even provide clear instructions on the box and have gone an extra step of color coding the seal so that you know you've done it correctly. :cool: Anyone who has ever tried to apply one of those clear coat, invisible protectors knows how nice a feature like this would be. I'll try to post some screen shots of the assembly process but let me tell you, I was shocked at how easy it was to install. It is soo easy. Since I had so many I even decided to apply it to my camera and boy let me tell ya, it wont be long until everything in my house is protected from water. :p What more can you ask for. So here's the kicker. I went to apple store and asked where they had these on the shelf and they told me they didn't carry them. I was appalled. :mad: With all the water damaged iphones, it was unacceptable that apple refuses to carry a product in their store that would effectively eliminate this type of damage so I emailed Steve Jobs about this and he emailed me back and said that they were in talks with the manufacturers and actively seeking a patent on the technology so that they can offer this exclusively at their apple stores. In addition, apple has filed an injunction to further prevent other retail outlets from selling this until the deal worked out. He even went so far as to hint that they want to bring this type of technology to all their apple products. I'll try to post the email at some point. Anyways, here are some pics -enjoy. I cant wait for a iMac version. :D

Attached Files:

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Clever.

Does the touch screen work without having to take it out?

3. robertrr macrumors newbie

Mine is on its way, I just bought one on eBay for $150. I hope it works like they say it does!;)

4. branjosef thread starter macrumors 6502a

branjosef

Once I installed it I never answer my phone anymore. I just don't want to ruin the experience.

5. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Yes. I do this when I'm in the shower and texting people.

Lame I know but oh well.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I think you need to head over and introduce yourself in the "iPhone Addiction" thread. ;)

7. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Hmmm, I just bought a new truck. Do you think that they will come out with one that is big enough to allow my F-150 inside? or do you think I should just modify 200 of them into one large water-proof protector for my truck? Please help I live in California and the rain is really ruining my truck! PLEASE HELP!:p

8. branjosef thread starter macrumors 6502a

branjosef

As promised, here is the email I received from Steve Jobs. I also just received an NDA threatening legal action if I talked to anyone about this, but I don't understand how it can be an agreement if I didn't agree to nor sign anything. huh? Oh well, what do I know :rolleyes:

Email dated :February 16, 2009 8:25am CST
    "
    Hello,
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have forwarded your message on to my staff. With my illness I have been unable to incessantly monitor my competition's efforts to bring new and innovating technology to the consumer and effectively crush it through manipulation of patent laws and special interest lobbyists in government. I have notified Apple's legal team and we are taking appropriate measures to ensure that this technology will be available exclusively through Apple and it's retail outlets only. Within the last 20 minutes, We have already begun aggressive negotiations with the manufacturers of the future "I-bag" and have notified the United States Government and Al Gore (who graciously sits on our board) to process Apple's patent (and late fee) submitted for this product. I am fully aware that our stores do not carry the "i-bag" at this time, but we are in the process of revamping the product to reflect apple's signature quality and customer service. Apple continues to strive for excellence by bringing innovative and revolutionary technology to the consumer via hard work and honest effort. I sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter and wish you the best of days .

Steve

Sent from my iPhone
    "

Email dated :February 16, 2009 8:28am CST
    "
    Attention,

You are now bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement enacted February 16, 2009. If you violate this agreement, you will be subject to civil action.

Apple

Sent from my iphone
    "

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I did it with other phones as well.

Plus I'm not the only teen who texts in the shower.

:)

10. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

please use aluminium foils and not plastic to wrap your iphones.
    plastic disposal by year is 30% of what is manufactured.
    please do not support pastic bags, even if its made from Apple.
    Apple fanatics be warned. :cool:

11. branjosef thread starter macrumors 6502a

branjosef

But they're not plastic bags, they're "i-bags" - totally different :rolleyes:

12. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Ya they cost 3 times more than a regular bag! :D:apple:

13. whlphil macrumors member

I call fake Steve Jobs email

Sorry i just dont believe that email from Steve, i'm calling a fake!

Everybody knows that Steve no longer uses an iPhone he uses a Palm Pre!

I thought everyone knew that Steve has actually gone to Palm along with the rest of the team?

14. Acronym macrumors 68000

thats just pure addiction, look out 700$ text bill here comes superstrikertwo

15. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I use this accessory when snowboarding... Works great! Never thought of the shower idea, might have to steal that one from you.

16. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Unlimited texting :)

17. Haephestos macrumors regular

Lucky................

18. f1r3f1ght3r macrumors newbie

f1r3f1ght3r

Snack size works best for 3G....

I've been using this "Accessory" to listen to tunes in the steam room at the gym for the last six months and still on the original bag....

19. Grumps87 macrumors member

20. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

I'm setting up my eBay store just now...
    I'll be selling a similar accessory to this, but it'll have the Apple logo on it.
    Obviously, there'll be a small premium to pay, but I'm sure no-one will mind.
    I'll post some pics of the waterproof iBag later.

:rolleyes:

21. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

There is much fail in this thread. MUCH. FAIL.

22. branjosef thread starter macrumors 6502a

branjosef

Yet not one water damaged iphone ;)

23. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

24. branjosef thread starter macrumors 6502a

branjosef

One part of the US stimulus package was for i-bag distribution to everyone. I guess they figure if everyone has one, then they will go out and put things in it like expensive electronics, sandwiches, and such...hence "Spend" "Spend" "Spend" thereby raising us out of this recession :D i-bags for everyone !!!!! I can't wait. I just have to find my government voucher.

25. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I wonder if we can make some iBags attached to some sort of rope, so it won't hit the tile if it accidently slips out of our hands whilst in the shower?

And when do the different colors come out? Clear is so 80s!

I'm calling this now, so I can patent it. But I want to produce those iBags you hook up to a vacuum that sucks out all the excess air. Where there's air, there's moisture!