iPad Discovered an ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kingston73, Jun 15, 2019.

1. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

Pad Cleaning up my office room I found my original iPad I thought was long gone. It's still on iOS 7! Seems to be working perfectly but it's amazing how pixelated the screen looks compared with my pro. So my question is.....What would you do with it?

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

A digital photo frame or home media controller

3. Digitalguy macrumors member

from your description it should be an ipad 2. My first suggestion is, don’t update it or it will slow down terribly. Second thing I would do is I would try apps that you use on your main ipad and see if the install (at least and older version) or not at all. Then only you know what you do with your ipads... To give you an idea my oldest ipad is a mini 2 and I left it on ios 10 so that I could play 32bit games that no longer work with more recents IOS versions (or simply keep some 32bit apps I had bought in the past). I also use it as a dedicated music player, with a bluetooth speaker.

4. muzzy996 macrumors 6502

Lol we found my wife’s old iPad 2 as well a few weeks ago cleaning the house. I guess I’ll e-waste it. I have no need for it, I’m too spoiled by newer devices to work with old ones - the lag and general sluggishness just irks me.

5. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

The original iPad couldn’t run iOS 7.

6. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

Speaking of cleaning... I gave our iPad 2 to our cleaning lady. She seemed quite pleased.

While it may be too slow on iOS 9 for surfing, it’s actually still OK for Netflix, etc., at least if if you only run one app at a time.

OP, everyone is correct. You probably have the iPad 2. It’s actually quite OK on iOS 7, for email. It’s even OK for light surfing if you install an ad blocker. Do NOT upgrade to iOS 9.

IMO, iOS 7 is the best OS for the iPad 2.

7. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

I had a 3rd generation iPad I gave to my next door neighbor. Was working perfectly fine and then he did something to it. slower than frozen dog poo running uphill.

Tom

8. hancuriang macrumors member

9. Precursor macrumors 6502a

Precursor